Vishnu Sahasra Namam
Vishnu Sahasra Namam
Translated By P. R. Ramachander
Stotras are devotional hymns of Hinduism sung in praise of God. This word is derived from Sthuthi which means praise. Though post puranic age has given rise to large number of popular mellifluous Stotras composed by sages like Sankara, Ramanuja, Vedatha Desika, Appayya Deeksithar, Mooka Kavi and poets like Kalidasa, there are several great Stotras which trace their origin to Puranas. Of these the greatest is possibly the Vishnu Sahasra Namam found in Mahabharatha. Literally translated this means thousand names of Vishnu. This is found in the Anushasanika Parvam (chapter relating to orders or rules to the kings) of Mahabharatha.
Bheeshma Pitamaha was defeated and grievously wounded by Arjuna. But since he could choose the time of his death as per the boons received by him, he chose to die in Uttarayana and was waiting for the auspicious time. Meanwhile the war was over, leading to death of all those male members in his family except the Pancha Pandavas and the unborn child of Abhimanyu. Yudishtra, the eldest of the Pandavas, became the King of Hasthinapura and whom else would he go for advise other than Bheeshma the great. Anushasanika Parva is in the form of questions and answers between Yudishtra and Bheeshma Pitamaha. To a question as to what is the best possible Stotra, Bheeshma answers that it is the Vishnu Sahasra Nama and teaches it to Yudishtra.
Though it describes one thousand aspects and praises of the Lord, it is not simple and easy to understand. Many great Acharyas, lead by Sankara Bhagavat Pada, felt a need to give its meaning in crystal clear terms so that the devotee can not only sing but meditate on the aspect of the God that he is praising. But this again was done in Sanskrit. With the modern civilization, several translations of this Stotra is available in English and in almost all major languages of India.
I have attempted yet another translation in English. My aim is to make the translation simple to understand and easy to meditate. Naturally I have leaned heavily on many translations, which are already available, especially the one in Tamil by Anna published by the Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore, Madras.
Though it is called Sahasra Nama in fact it contains only 901 distinct sounding names. Eight hundred and fifteen names are repeated once, Seventy-five of these names are repeated twice, nine of these names thrice and two of these names four times. The acharyas have attempted to give different meanings to the same word in different places successfully.
In the afterward to the Stotra, Goddess Parvathi asks Siva, the cosmic god, for an easy way to sing this Stotra for the learned. He replies that it is sufficient that the learned one repeats the name of Rama and this is equivalent to his singing of Sahasranama. It is important to note that this is easy method that is prescribed to the very learned who do not have time to recite it daily and not for everybody. It is also very important to meditate on the meaning of each word while it is sung.
Shuklam Baradaram Vishnum, Sasi Varnam Chatur Bhujam,
Prasanna Vadanan Dyayet, Sarva Vignoba Sandaye
Dressed in white you are,
Oh, all pervading one,
And glowing with the colour of moon.
With four arms, you are, the all knowing one
I meditate on your ever-smiling face,
And pray, Remove all obstacles on my way.
Yasya dviradavaktradyah parisadyah parah satam,
Vighnam nighnanti satatam visvakasenam tamasaraye.
The elephant faced one along with his innumerable attendants,
Would always remove obstacles as we depend on Vishvaksena.
Vyasam Vasishtanaptharam, Sakthe Poutramakalmasham,
Parasarathmajam vande, Shukathatham Taponidhim.
I bow before you Vyasa,
The treasure house of penance,
The great grand son of Vasishta.
The grand son of Shakthi,
The son of Parasara.
And the father of Shuka,
Vyasaya Vishnu Roopaya, Vyasa Roopaya Vishnave,
Namo Vai Brahma Vidaya, Vasishtaya Namo Nama.
Bow I before,
Vyasa who is Vishnu,
Vishnu who is Vyasa,
And again and again bow before,
He, who is born,
In the family of Vasishta.
Avikaraya Shuddhaya, Nityaya Paramatmane,
Sadaika Roopa Roopaya, Vishnave Sarva Jishnave.
Bow I before Vishnu
Who is pure,
Who is not affected,
Who is permanent,
Who is the ultimate truth.
And He who wins over,
All the mortals in this world.
Yasya smarana Mathrena, Janma Samsara bandhanath.
Vimuchayate Nama Tasmai, Vishnave Prabha Vishnave
OM Namo Vishnave Prabha Vishnave
Bow I before Him,
The all-powerful Vishnu,
The mere thought of whom.
Releases one forever,
Of the ties of birth and life.
Bow I before the all powerful Vishnu
Shri Vaisampayana Uvacha:
Shrutva dharmaneshena, Pavanani cha Sarvasha,
Yudishtra santhanavam Puneravabhya Bhashata
Sri Vaisampayana said:
After hearing a lot,
About Dharma that carries life,
And of those methods great,
That removes sins from ones life,
For ever and to cleanse,
Yudhishtra asked again,
Bheeshma, the abode of everlasting peace.
Kimekam Daivatham Loke, Kim Vapyegam Parayanam,
Sthuvantha Kam Kamarchanda Prapnyur Manava Shubham,
Ko Dharma sarva Dharmanam Paramo Matha
Kim Japan Muchyathe Jandur Janma Samsara Bhandanat
In this wide world, Oh Grandpa,
Which is that one God,
Who is the only shelter?
Who is He whom,
Beings worship and pray,
And get salvation great?
Who is He who should oft,
Be worshipped with love?
Which Dharma is so great,
There is none greater?
And which is to be oft chanted,
To get free.
From these bondage of life, cruel?
Jagat Prabhum devadevam Anantham Purushottamam,
Stuvan nama Sahasrena, Purusha Sathathothida,
Tameva charchayan nityam, Bhaktya purushamavyayam,
Dhyayan sthuvan namasyancha yajamanasthameva cha,
Anadi nidhanam vishnum sarva loka Maheswaram
Lokadyaksham stuvannityam Sarva dukkhago bhaved,
Brahmanyam sarva dharmagnam Lokanam keerthi vardhanam,
Lokanatham Mahadbhootham Sarva Bhootha bhavodbhavam
Aeshame sarva dharmanam dharmadhika tamo matha,
Yad bhaktyo pundarikaksham Stuvyr-archanayr-nara sada,
Paramam yo mahatteja, paramam yo mahattapa
Paramam yo mahad brahma paramam ya parayanam
Pavithranam Pavithram yo mangalanam cha mangalam,
Dhaivatham devathanam cha bhootanam yo vya pitha
Yatha sarvani bhoothani bhavandyathi yugagame
Yasmincha pralayam yanthi punareve yuga kshaye
Tasya Loka pradhanasya Jagannatathasya bhoopathe
Vishno nama sahasram me Srunu papa bhayapaham
That Purusha with endless devotion,
Who chants the thousand names,
Of He who is the lord of the Universe,
Of He who is the God of Gods,
Of He who is limitless,
Would get free,
From these bondage of life, cruel
He who also worships and prays,
Daily without break,
That Purusha who does not change,
That Vishnu who does not end or begin,
That God who is the lord of all worlds,
And Him, who presides over the universe,
Would loose without fail,
All the miseries in this life.
Chanting the praises,
Worshipping and singing,
With devotion great,
Of the lotus eyed one,
Who is partial to the Vedas,
Who is the only one, who knows the dharma,
Who increases the fame,
Of those who live in this world,
Who is the master of the universe,
Who is the truth among all those who has life,
And who decides the life of all living,
Is the dharma that is great.
That which is the greatest light,
That which is the greatest penance,
That which is the greatest Brahman,
Is the greatest shelter that I know.
Please hear from me,
The thousand holy names,
Which wash away all sins,
Of Him who is purest of the pure,
Of That which is holiest of holies,
Of Him who is God among Gods,
Of That father who lives Without death,
Among all that lives in this world,
Of Him whom all the souls,
Were born at the start of the world,
Of Him in whom, all that lives,
Will disappear at the end of the world,
And of that the chief of all this world,
Who bears the burden of this world.
I would teach you without fail,
Of those names with fame.
Which deal of His qualities great,
And which the sages sing,
So that beings of this wide world,
Become happy and great.
Rishir Namnam Sahsrasya Veda Vyaso Maha Muni
Chando aunustup stada devo bhagawan devaki sutha
Amruthamsu Bhavo Bhhejam Shakthir devaki nandana
Trisama hridayam tasya santhyarthe viniyujyade
Vishnum Jishnum Mahavishnum Prabha vishnun Maheswaram
Aneka Roopa Daityantham Namami purushottamam
These thousand names Yudishtra
Are Sung for peace,
And has Vyasa as the sage,
And is composed in Anusthup metre,
And has its God the son of Devaki,
And its root is Amrutamsudbhava
And its strength the baby of Devaki,
And its heart is Trissama
Bow I before Him,
Who is everywhere,
Who is ever victorious,
Who is in every being,
Who is God of Gods,
Who is the killer of asuras,
And who is the greatest,
Among all purushas.
Ksheerodanvath pradese suchimani vilasad saikathe Maukthikanam
Malaklupthasanastha Spatikamani nibhai maukthiker mandithanga
Shubrai-rabrai-rathabrai ruparivirachitai muktha peeyusha varshai
Anandi na puniyadari nalina Gadha sankapanir Mukunda
Let that Mukunda makes us all holy,
Who wears all over his body
Beads made of crystal,
Who sits on the throne of garland of pearls,
Located in the sand of precious stones,
By the side of the sea of milk,
Who gets happy of the white cloud,
Sprayed of drops of nectar,
And who has the mace, the wheel and the lotus in His hands.
Bhoo padau yasya nabhir viyadasu ranila schandra suryaau cha nether
Karnavasasiro dhaumugamabhi dhahano yasya vasteyamabhdhi
Anthastham yasya viswam sura nara khaga go bhogi gandharva dhaityai,
Chitram ram ramyathe tham thribhuvana vapusham vishnumeesam namami
I bow before that God, Vishnu
Who is the lord of three worlds,
Who has earth as his feet,
Who has air as his soul,
Who has sky as his belly,
Who has moon and sun as eyes,
Who has the four directions as ears,
Who has the land of gods as head,
Who has fire as his mouth,
Who has sea as his stomach,
And in whose belly play and enjoy,
Gods, men birds, animals,
Serpent men, Gandharvas and Asuras.
Santhakaram Bujaga sayanam Padmanabham suresam,
Viswadharam Gagana sadrusam Megha varnam shubangam
Lakshmi kantham kamala nayanam Yogi hrid dyana gamyam
Vande vishnum bava bhayaharam sava lokaika nadham
I bow before the God Vishnu,
Who is personification of peace,
Who sleeps on his folded arms,
Who has a lotus on his belly,
Who is the God of gods,
Who is the basis of earth,
Who is similar to the sky,
Who is of the colour of the cloud,
Who has beautiful limbs,
Who is the consort of Lakshmi,
Who has lotus like eyes,
Who is seen by saints through thought,
Who kills all worries and fears,
And who is the lord of all the worlds.
Megha syamam Peetha kouseys vasam Srivatsangam Kausthuboth bhasithangam
Punyopetham pundareekayathaksham Vishnum vande sarva lokaika natham
I bow before that God Vishnu,
Who is the lord of all the universe,
Who is black like a cloud,
Who wears yellow silks,
Who has the Sreevatsa on him,
Whose limbs shine because of Kousthubha,
Who has eyes like an open lotus,
And who is surrounded by the blessed always.
Sasanga chakram sakerita kundalam sappeethavastram saraseruhekshanam,
Sahara vaksha sthala shobhi kousthubham namai Vishnum sirasa chaturbhujam
I bow before the God Vishnu,
Who has four arms,
Who has a conch and wheel in his hands,
Who wears a crown and ear globes,
Who wears yellow silks,
Who has lotus like eyes,
Who shines because of Kousthubha,
Worn in his garlanded chest.
Chayayam Parijatasys hemasimhasanopari,
Aseenamam budha syama Mayathakashamalangrutham,
Chandranana chathurbahum sreevatsangitha vakshasam,
Rukmani Satyabhamabhyam Sahitham Krishnamasraye.
I seek refuge in Lord Krishna,
Who is with Rukhmani and Satyabhama,
Who sits on a golden throne,
In the shade of Parijata tree,
Who is of the colour of the black cloud,
Who has long broad eyes,
Who has a face like moon,
Who has four hands,
And who has a chest adorned by Sreevatsa.
1. Viswam - He who is the Universe itself.
2. Vishnu - He who is spread everywhere.
3. Vashatkara - He who is personification of Vedic sacrifice (Yagna).
4. Bhootha Bhavya Bhavat Prabhu - He who is the master of past, present and future.
5. Bhootakrit - He who has created the beings in the universe.
6. Bhootabrit - He who takes care of all the beings in the universe.
7. Bhava - He who is everything that happens.
8. Bhootaatma - He who is the soul of every being in the Universe.
9. Bhootabhavana - He who nurtures every being in the universe.
10. Pootatma - He who is detached of every thing or He who has a clean character.
11. Paramatma - He who is in every being but beyond every being or the greatest soul.
12. Mukthanam Parama Gathi - He who is the ultimate salvation of every freed being.
13. Avyaya - He who does not have different forms or He who is always same.
14. Purusha - He who is inside every body.
15. Sakshi - He who is the witness of every thing that happens.
16. Kshetragna - He who knows the body.
17. Akshara - He who does not have death.
18. Yoga - He who can be attained by yoga (meditation?).
19. Yoga Vitham Netha - He who is the leader of all those who know yoga.
20. Pradhana-Purusheswara - He who is the lord of nature and beings.
21. Narasimha Vapusha - He who is part human and part lion.
22. Sriman - He in whom Sri (Lakshmi or Goddess) resides.
23. Kesava - He who is served by Vishnu, Siva and Brahma. [or] He who has beautiful hair. [or] He who killed Kesi, the Asura (Ogre).
24. Purushottama - He who is the greatest among Purushas (beings). [or] He who is greater than those who are bound, those who are free and those who are static.
25. Sarwa - He who is everything.
26. Ssarva - He who destroys everything when the deluge comes.
27. Shiva - He who is pure.
28. Sthanu - He who is stable.
29. Bhootaatha - He from whom all the beings evolved.
30. Nidhiravyaya - He who is never destroyed (even at deluge).
31. Sambhava - He who is all that happens.
32. Bhavana - He who is the giver of every thing.
33. Bhartha - He who is the basis supports all beings.
34. Prabhava - He in whom all things were born.
35. Prabhu - He who is extremely clever.
36. Easwara - He who controls and rules all beings or He who is a natural ruler.
37. Swayambhu - He who is born from himself.
38. Shambhu - He who gives all pleasures.
39. Aditya - He who throws light on everything or He who is one but appears different.
40. Pushkaraksha - He who has lotus like eyes.
41. Mahaswana - He who has a great voice.
42. Anadhinidhana - He who has neither birth nor death.
43. Dhatha - He who carries the world.
44. Vidhatha - He who creates all actions and their results.
45. Dhatur-Uttama - He who is greater than the creator (Brahma).
46. Aprameya - He who is beyond rules, regulations and definitions.
47. Hrishikesa - He who controls his five senses.
48. Padmanabha - He who has a lotus (from which the world evolved) growing on his belly.
49. Amara -Prabhu - He who is the chief of deathless beings.
50. Viswa-Karma - He who has made this universe.
51. Manu - He who thinks (worries) of every thing.
52. Dwashta - He who destroys every thing.
53. Sthavishta - He who is extremely fat.
54. Sthaviro-Dhruva - He who is ancient and permanent.
55. Agrahya - He who is not reachable by senses.
56. Saswatha - He who existed in the past, exists at present and will exist in future.
57. Krishna - He who is black. [or] He who is personification of truth, happiness and that which is beyond us.
58. Lohitaksha - He who has red eyes.
59. Prathardhana - He who destroys every thing in the end (deluge).
60. Prabhootha - He who is full of wealth and knowledge.
61. Thrika-Kubhdhama - He in whom resides the three worlds viz. Earth, Heaven and Hell.
62. Pavithra - He who is pure or He who makes others pure.
63. Mangalam-Param - He who does good to others.
64. Easana - He who rules over (appoints) everything.
65. Pranadha - He who makes beings move.
66. Prana - He who is the soul.
67. Jyeshta - He who is elder to all others.
68. Sreshta - He who is better than all others.
69. Prajapathi - He who is the chief of all human beings.
70. Hiranyagarbha - He who resides as the soul (Brahman) of this golden universe.
71. Bhoogarbha - He who carries the earth within himself.
72. Maadhava - He who is the consort of Lakshmi. [or] He who can be realized only by silence, meditation and yoga.
73. Madusudhana - He who killed Madhu the Asura.
74. Easwara - He who is supremely strong.
75. Vikrami - He who has the ability to destroy all his enemies or He who has valour.
76. Dhanvi - He who is the supreme archer.
77. Medhavi - He who is the supreme intelligence.
78. Vikrama - He who has measured the worlds Or He who rides on a bird (Garuda).
79. Krama - He who has spread every where.
80. Anuthama - He who does not have anybody better than him.
81. Duradharsha - He who can not be cowed down by his enemies.
82. Kridhagna - He who knows good and bad of all beings or He who gives salvation even by giving leaves and flowers.
83. Krithi - He who is busy in his work or He who is personification of work.
84. Athmavan - He who has only his strength as his basis.
85. Suresha - He who is the lord of all Gods (Devas).
86. Sarana - He who removes sadness from the unhappy.
87. Sharma - He who is personification of total happiness.
88. Vishwaretha - He who is the seed to this universe.
89. Prajha Bhava - He who is the reason for existence of human beings.
90. Aaha - He who is as bright as the day.
91. Samvatsara - He who is personification of the year.
92. Vyala - He who cannot be caught like the great serpent.
93. Prathyaya - He who is personification of knowledge.
94. Sarvadarshana - He who sees (knows) everything.
95. Ajha - He who does not have birth.
96. Sarveshwara - He who is God for everything.
97. Siddha - He who is always everywhere.
98. Siddhi - He who is the desirable effect of everything.
99. Sarvadhi - He who is the primary reason for everything.
100. Achyutha - He who does not slip. [or] He who does not allow his devotees to slip.
101. Vrashakapi - He who is the personification of Dharma and Varaha.
102. Ameyatma - He whose stature can not be measured.
103. Sarva Yoga Vinisrutha - He who is devoid of all attachments. [or] He who is known by all Yogas.
104. Vasu - He who lives in every being.
105. Vasu Mana - He who has a good heart.
106. Satya - He who is truth personified.
107. Samathma - He who looks everybody as equal.
108. Asammitha - He who can not be measured.
109. Sama - He who is without change at all times.
110. Amogha - He who gives all to his devotees.
111. Pundarikaksha - He who is lotus eyed. [or] He who is like eyes for those living in the heaven called Pundarika.
112. Vrishakarma - He whose actions are dictated by Dharma.
113. Vrishakritha - He who is born to uphold Dharma.
114. Rudhra - He who drives away sadness and the reasons for it.
115. Bahusiras - He who has many heads.
116. Bhabru - He who carries the worlds.
117. Viswayoni - He from whom all beings are born.
118. Suchisrava - He who hears holy (clean) words of his devotees.
119. Amritha - He who does not die.
120. Saswatha Sthanu - He who is perennially stable. [or] He who is permanent and unmovable.
121. Varoraoha - He who does not send back those who attain him.
122. Mahathapa - He who is extremely knowledgeable.
123. Sarvaga - He who goes (reaches) every where.
124. Sarvavid-Bhanu - He who shines in the knowledge of every thing.
125. Vishvaksena - He who attacks the armies of Rakshasas from all directions. Or He who attacks bad things from everywhere.
126. Janardhana - He who troubles bad people. [or] He whom people pray for benefits.
127. Veda - He who is the Vedas.
128. Vedavidha - He who knows the meaning of Vedas.
129. Avyanga - He who is beyond the reach of five senses.
130. Vedanga - He who has Vedas as parts of his body.
131. Veda Vith - He who examines (interprets) Vedas.
132. Kavi - He who sees (knows) everything.
133. Lokadhyaksha - He who presides over the Universe.
134. Suradyaksha - He who directs the Devas.
135. Dharmadyaksha - He who presides over Dharma.
136. Kritha Kritha - He who is the means and result of every thing.
137. Chathurathma - He who is Brahma during creation, Vishnu during the upkeep, Rudra during destruction and Janardhana during Pralaya (deluge of the world.
138. Chathur Vyuha - He who is Aniruddha when we are awake, Pradhyumna when we are dreaming, Sangarshana when we are in Sushupthi and Vasudeva when we are in Thuriya.
139. Chathur Damshtra - He who has four protruding incisors (as in Narasimha Avatara). [or] He who has four horns.
140. Chathur Bhuja - He who has four hands.
141. Brajishnu - He who is in the form of light. [or] He who is the light.
142. Bhojana - He who is in the form which can be enjoyed like food. [or] He who consumes food offered to him by devotees.
143. Bhoktha - He who is the consumer of nature.
144. Sahishnu - He who can pardon. [or] He who wins and converts.
145. Jagata Dhija - He who was born before the world.
146. Anagha - He whom no sin gets attached or He who is sinless.
147. Vijaya - He who is wins.
148. Jetha - He who is always the victor.
149. Viswayoni - He who is the universe and its creator.
150. Punarvasu - He who is in every being as its controller.
151. Upendra - He who is Indra to Indra himself.
152. Vamana - He who was born as Vamana. [or] He whom devotees can worship.
153. Pramsu - He who grew big when measuring the world as Vamana.
154. Amogha - He whose actions are never wasted.
155. Suchi - He who cleans the mind of those who pray Him.
156. Oorjitha - He who is very powerful.
157. Athindra - He who is above Indra.
158. Sangriha - He who destroys during the deluge.
159. Sarga - He who is the personification of creation.
160. Dhritatma - He who is birth less and stable.
161. Niyama - He who appoints others.
162. Yama - He who controls others.
163. Vedya - He who can be known.
164. Vaidya - He who knows all knowledge.
165. Sada Yogi - He who is lustrous always.
166. Veeraha - He who kills Asura Heroes.
167. Madhava - He who is the lord of knowledge (Vidya).
168. Madhu - He who is like honey.
169. Athindriya - He who is beyond human senses.
170. Maha maya - He who is an illusion to those great illusionists.
171. Mahotsaha - He who has great enthusiasm.
172. Mahabala - He who is very strong.
173. Maha Buddhi - He who has tremendous knowledge.
174. Maha Veerya - He who even if there is reason to worry never gets worried.
175. Maha Shakthi - He who is very strong.
176. Maha Dyuthi - He who has great luster.
177. Anirdesya Vapu - He of whom nobody can tell that he is thus.
178. Shreeman - He in whom godly wealth resides.
179. Ameyatma - He who has immeasurable knowledge.
180. Mahadri Drik - He who lifted large mountains.
181. Maheshvasa - He who is a great archer.
182. Mahee Bhartha - He who lifted the earth when he was born as Varaha.
183. Sreenivasa - He in whose chest resides Shree Devi.
184. Sadam Gathi - He who is the ultimate goal of good people.
185. Aniruddha - He who can not be stopped by any body.
186. Surananda - He who makes Devas happy.
187. Govinda - He who lifted the earth (Go). [or] He who is the chief of cows. [or] He who makes the word Go attain him.
188. Govidam Pathi - He who is the leader of those who know Vedas.
189. Mareechi - He who is in the form of light.
190. Dhamana - He who punishes.
191. Hamsa - He who removes fear of those who consider Him as themselves.
192. Suparna - He who has beautiful wings.
193. Bhujagottama - He who is the shape of a good serpent.
194. Hiranya Nabha - He who has a belly like gold.
195. Suthapa - He who has done great penance.
196. Padmanabha - He who shines in the belly of the lotus of our heart.
197. Prajapathi - He who is the chief of people.
198. Amruthyu - He who does not have death.
199. Sarvadrikh - He who sees everything.
200. Simha - He who troubles sinners.
201. Samdatha - He who adds devotees to himself.
202. Sandhiman - He who adds all those who experience Him to himself.
203. Sthira - He who is permanent.
204. Ajha - He who is inside everything.
205. Dhurmarshana - He whom enemies cannot defeat or bear.
206. Shaaratha - He who orders and makes others obey.
207. Vishrutathma - He who is the soul of all the good one is told.
208. Surariha - He who destroys the enemies of Devas.
209. Guru - He who is a teacher of all knowledge.
210. Guru-Thama - He who is the teacher of teachers.
211. Dhama - He who is light.
212. Satya - He who is truth.
213. Satya Parakrama - He who is truly a hero.
214. Nimisha - He who closes his eyes (during Yoga Nidhra).
215. Animisha - He who sees everything without batting his eyelids.
216. Ssraghvi - He who wears a garland.
217. Vachaspathi Udharathi - He who is the supreme personification of knowledge.
218. Agrani - He who takes one to a higher life.
219. Grammani - He who appoints (controls) Pancha Bhutas.
220. Shriman - He who shines.
221. Nyaya - He who is justice.
222. Netha - He who drives the world machine as its leader.
223. Sameerana - He who in the form of wind makes beings move.
224. Sahasra Moordha - He who has countless heads (all heads of beings are his).
225. Viswathma - He who is the soul of every thing.
226. Sahasraksha - He who has thousand eyes (All eyes are his).
227. Sahasrapath - He who has thousand feet.
228. Avarthana - He who rotates (the wheel of life).
229. Nivrithathma - He who is not attached to life.
230. Samvritha - He who is not visible due to net of illusion (Maya).
231. Sampramardhana - He who destroys the world (in the form of Yama and Rudhra).
232. Aha Samvarthakaya - He who makes day in the form of sun.
233. Vahnni - He who is in the form of fire.
234. Anila - He who is in the form of air.
235. Dharanidhara - He who supports the earth (in the form of Adisesha).
236. Suprasadha - He who is mercy personified.
237. Prasannathma - He who is forever clear headed.
238. Viswa Drik - He who takes care of the world.
239. Viswa Bhuja - He who eats up the world during deluge.
240. Vibhu - He who has many forms.
241. Satkartha - He who worships those who do good deeds.
242. Satkritha - He who is worshipped by good people.
243. Sadhu - He who walks in the righteous path.
244. Jahnnu - He who prevents people without Bhakthi from attaining him.
245. Narayana - He who resides in all things that he creates. [or] He in whom all souls reside.
246. Nara - He who shows the path.
247. Asangyeya - He who is beyond counting or He who is infinite.
248. Aprameyatman - He who is beyond knowledge.
249. Visishta - He who is the greatest.
250. SishtaKrith - He who orders or he who protects good people.
251. Suchi - He who is blemish less.
252. Siddhartha - He who has all he wants.
253. Siddha Sankalpa - He who realizes all that he wants.
254. Siddhitha - He who gives devotees the ability to attain their wants.
255. Siddhi Sadhana - He who is wants and the reason for wants.
256. Vrishahi - He who shines like day.
257. Vrishabha - He who showers all wishes on his devotees.
258. Vishnu - He who measured the worlds in Vamana Avatara.
259. Vrishaparvana - He who can be attained through the stair case of Dharma (right action).
260. Vrishodhara - He who keeps all beings in his belly during deluge.
261. Vardhana - He who rears beings.
262. Vardhamana - He who grows like the beings whom He grows.
263. Viviktha - He who stands alone.
264. Shruthisagara - He who is the ocean in which all Shrutis (Vedas) lead.
265. Subhuja - He who has good arms.
266. Dhurdhara - He who carries everything but not carried by anybody or He who is impossible to carry.
267. Vagmi - He who is a great orator.
268. Mahendra - He who is God to the Gods.
269. Vasudha - He who gives good pleasures and wealth.
270. Vasu - He who is wealth.
271. Naikaroopa - He who does not have one appearance.
272. Brihadroopa - He who has a big appearance.
273. Shipivishta - He who is inside a ray of light. [or] He who is sacrifice in a sacrificial animal.
274. Prakasana - He who makes everything shine.
275. Ojastejodyuthidhara - He who has strength, valor and luster.
276. Prakasathma - He who is the soul of luster Or He who makes others shine.
277. Prathapana - He who emits heat.
278. Kriddha - He who is full (of knowledge, Dharma and renunciation).
279. Spashtakshara - He who is denoted by the sound of OM.
280. Manthra - He who is the shape of Vedic Manthras.
281. Chandramsa - He who is as pleasant as the ray of moon.
282. Bhaskaradyuthi - He who has light like the sun.
283. Amrutham Surbhava - He who made moon appear from the Ocean of milk.
284. Bhanu - He who shines himself.
285. Shasabindu - He who is like moon.
286. Sureswra - He who is the chief of those who do good.
287. Aushadha - He who is medicine.
288. Jagatha-Sethu - He who is the bridge for the worlds.
289. Sathya Dharma Parakrama - He who is truth, Dharma and valorous.
290. Bhootha Bhava Bhannatha - He who is the lord of past, present and future.
291. Pavana - He who cleans in the form of wind.
292. Paavana - He who makes the wind blow.
293. Anala - He whom we never get satisfied.
294. Kamaha - He who removes bondage of life.
295. Kama Krit - He who satisfies wishes.
296. Kantha - He who is attractive because of his beauty.
297. Kama - He who is desired by everybody.
298. Kamapradha - He who gives all wishes for those who wish.
299. Prabhu - He who stands tall.
300. Yugadhi Krit - He who created the divisions of time.
301. Yuga Vartha - He who makes time periods come again and again.
302. Naika Maya - He who creates many illusions.
303. Mahasana - He who is a big eater during deluge.
304. Adhrisya - He who is not visible.
305. Vyaktha Roopa - He who is clearly visible (to yogis).
306. Sahasra Jit - He who defeats thousands (of Rakshsas-bad people).
307. Anantha Jit - He who is for ever victorious.
308. Ishta - He who is liked by every one.
309. Avisishta - He who does not have any one above him.
310. Sishteshta - He who is dear to the learned.
311. Shikandi - He who wears the feathers of pea cock.
312. Nahusha - He who ties souls by illusion.
313. Vrisha - He who rains (wishes of devotees).
314. Krodha - He who removes anger from devotees.
315. Krodha Krit Kartha - He who destroys those becoming angry (like Rakshasas).
316. Viswa Bhahu - He who has hands all over the universe (He who supports us every where).
317. Mahee Dhara - He who supports the earth.
318. Achyutha - He who never changes.
319. Pradhitha - He who is famous.
320. Prana - He who is the soul.
321. Pranaadha - He who gives strength.
322. Vasavanuja - He who is the brother of Indra.
323. Apam Nidhi - He who is the ocean.
324. Adhishtana - He in whom the world stays.
325. Apramaththa - He who is always watchful.
326. Prathishtitha - He who has become stable.
327. Skandha - He who is the ambrosia (nectar).
328. Skandha Dhara - He who supports the path of the righteous.
329. Dhurya - He who carries the weight of the world.
330. Varadha - He who gives boons.
331. Vayu Vahana - He who makes even the wind move.
332. Vasu Deva - He who is in everything and plays there.
333. Brihat Bhanu - He who has wide rays which go every where.
334. Adhi Deva - He who is the first reason of the world.
335. Purandhara - He who destroyed cities of Asuras.
336. Ashoka - He who is never sad.
337. Stharana - He who helps one to cross the sea of life.
338. Sthara - He who gives strength to face the fears of life.
339. Shura - He who has valor.
340. Shouri - He who is a hero (He who is Shura, the son of Vasudeva).
341. Janeswara - He who is God for all those who are born.
342. Anukoola - He who is positively interested I every one.
343. Satha Vartha - He who was born several times (to protect Dharma).
344. Padhmi - He who has lotus in his hand.
345. Padhma Nibhekshana - He who has two lotus like eyes.
346. Padhma Nabha - He who has the lotus on his belly.
347. Aravindaksha - He who has beautiful lotus like eyes.
348. Padhma Garbha - He who is being meditated in the lotus of our mind.
349. Sarrera Brit - He who takes many forms by his illusion.
350. Mahardhi - He who has great wealth.
351. Hriddha - He grows in the form of universe.
352. Vridhatma - He who is oldest.
353. Maha Aksha - He who has big eyes (all seeing).
354. Garuda Dwaja - He who has Garuda (eagle) in his flag.
355. Athula - He who has no equals.
356. Sharabha - He who lives as soul in beings.
357. Bheema - He who makes everyone afraid of Him.
358. Sama Yagna - He who knows the time for action or He who treats all as equals.
359. Havirhari - He who takes share of Gods in a Yaga (fire sacrifice).
360. Sarva Lakshana Lakshanya - He who has all known good characteristics. [or] He who is known to all known rules.
361. Lakshmi Vaan - He from whom Lakshmi (goddess of wealth) never leaves.
362. Samithinjaya - He who wins in all wars.
363. Vikshara - He who is never destroyed.
364. Rohitha - He who took the form of red fish called Rohita. [or] He who is red like the inside of lotus.
365. Maarga - He who is the way for eternal bliss.
366. Hetha - He who is the cause.
367. Damodhara - He who is known by knowledge got by self restraint. [or] He who was tied by Yasodha in the stomach. [or] He who keeps in his belly the world called Dhama.
368. Saha - He who tolerates everything.
369. Mahidhara - He who carries the world.
370. Maha Bhaga - He who is great in the Avataras (holy births) he takes. [or] He who receives the best share offered by devotees.
371. Vega Van - He who is very fast.
372. Amithasana - He who takes immeasurable food (during deluge).
373. Udbhava - He who is the reason for the birth of the worlds.
374. Ksobhana - He who during creation churns Purusha and Prakrithi.
375. Deva - He who plays in activities like creation. [or] He who wins over Asuras.
376. Srigarbha - He who keeps his wealth (of worlds) in his belly.
377. Parameshwara - He who is the most efficient ruler.
378. Karana - He who is the instrument for creation of the world.
379. Kaarana - He who is the cause for creation of the world.
380. Kartha - He who is independent master.
381. Vikartha - He who created peculiar worlds.
382. Gahana - He whose shape, strength and actions are difficult to know.
383. Guha - He who hides everything by illusion (Maya).
384. Vyavasaya - He who is personification of knowledge.
385. Vyavasthana - He who is not bound by any limitations.
386. Samsthana - He who has the best position.
387. Sthanada - He who gives positions.
388. Dhruva - He who is permanent.
389. Parardhi - He who has great wealth.
390. Parama Spashta - He who is the limit of beauty and self evidence. [or] He who is extremely clear.
391. Thushta - He who is the form of immortal bliss.
392. Pushta - He who is always complete.
393. Shubekshana - He who has a blissful sight. [or] He whose sight gives all persons their wants.
394. Raama - He who makes others to be happy with him.
395. Virama - He who is the ultimate end of everything.
396. Viratha - He who is not interested in worldly pleasures.
397. Maargha - He who is the path (for Moksha or immortal bliss).
398. Neya - He who obeys orders of sages devoted to him.
399. Naya - He who makes everything work (lead).
400. Anaya - He who cannot be lead by any body.
401. Veera - He who is personification of valor.
402. Shakthi Matham Shreshta - He who is strongest among the strong.
403. Dharma - He who is the basis of every thing. [or] He who is worshipped by all faiths.
404. Dharma Vidhuttama - He who is greatest among those who know Dharma.
405. Vaikunta - He who keeps the five Bhutas (air, water, sky, Fire and earth) bound together at the beginning of creation. [or] He who removes all obstacles in the way of devotees to attain Him.
406. Purusha - He who is in front of every thing or He who washes off all sins or He who is the soul in all beings.
407. Prana - He who is the soul of souls.
408. Pranadha - He who gives life (movement).
409. Pranava - He who is the holy sound (Om).
410. Pruddhu - He who is spread in the form of the worlds.
411. Hiranya Garbha - He who keeps the golden source for all creations.
412. Shatrugna - He who kills Asuras or He who controls sensual weakness by knowledge.
413. Vyaptha - He who pervades in all beings as the cause.
414. Vayu - He who makes perfumes spread or He who spreads to the places where he is worshipped.
415. Adokshaja - He who is never gets exhausted by use by his devotees or He who never dries up.
416. Hrithu - He who is the seasons.
417. Sudarshana - He who has eyes like lotus petals or He who can be easily seen by his devotees.
418. Kaala - He who always keeps thinking of everything.
419. Parameshti - He who by his power stays in the lotus of heart.
420. Parigraha - He who is known in all possible manner by his devotees.
421. Ugra - He who gives strict orders.
422. Samvatsara - He who makes all things reside in Him.
423. Daksha - He who completes all jobs quickly.
424. Vishrama - He who provides rest for those who are tired (of life).
425. Viswa Dakshina - He who is an expert in all things or He who is more powerful than all others.
426. Visthara - He who makes all the world broaden in Him.
427. Stavara Stanu - He who is stable and he who makes the world stable within Him.
428. Pramana - He who is the law to support every thing or He who is personification of Knowledge.
429. Bhijamavyaya - He who is the deathless reason.
430. Artha - He who is loved by others (because He is Sweet).
431. Anartha - He who does not wish any thing.
432. Mahakosa - He who is immersed in the five continents.
433. Mahabhoga - He who is pleasures in life personified.
434. Mahadhana - He who has great wealth.
435. Anirvinna - He who does not hate others.
436. Stavishta - He who is spread every where in his majestic form.
437. Abhu - He who does not have birth.
438. Dharmayupa - He who is like a pillar in which right action (dharma) is tied.
439. Maha Makha - He by whom Yagas become great (by giving to Him).
440. Nakshatra Nemi - He who is like the zodiac.
441. Nakshatri - He who is like the moon who is the chief of stars.
442. Kshama - He who is perennially patient.
443. Kshaama - He who remains alone after the deluge.
444. Sameehana - He who likes his jobs like creation.
445. Yagna - He who is personification of Sacrifice (Yagna).
446. Ijhya - He who is being worshipped by Yagas.
447. Mahejya - He who is the greatest among those worshipped by Yagas.
448. Krathu - He who is personification of performance of Yaga.
449. Sathram - He who is the form of Sathra Yaga or He who protects good people (Sadhu).
450. Satham Gathi - He who is the ultimate goal of those who seek for salvation (Moksha).
451. Sarva Darshi - He who knows every thing naturally or He who sees everything.
452. Vimukthathma - He who is the soul which has left all its bondages.
453. Sarvagna - He who knows all that is to be known.
454. Gnanamuuttamam - He who is not born, ever existing, giver of all that is needed and personification of right knowledge.
455. Suvritha - He who has great penance.
456. Sumukha - He who has a handsome face.
457. Suukshma - He who is the smallest known thing from which every thing came.
458. Sugosha - He who sings (shouts?) good sounds like Vedas.
459. Sukhadha - He who gives pleasures to devotees.
460. Suhrith - He who has a great heart (mind).
461. Manohara - He who steals our mind (by his beauty).
462. Jitakrodha - He who is in control of anger.
463. Vira Bahu - He who has heroic arms (to kill asuras).
464. Vidharana - He who tears off, those who do sins.
465. Swaapana - He who makes all beings sleep by illusion.
466. Swa Wasa - He who is not in the control of others or He who lives within Himself.
467. Vyapi - He who has spread every where.
468. Nykathma - He who takes various forms depending on need.
469. Nykha Karma Krit - He who does various jobs (like creation, upkeep and destruction).
470. Vatsara - He who is the abode of everything.
471. Vatsala - He who loves his devotees.
472. Vathsi - He who protects calves (all are calves /children to Him).
473. Rathna Garbha - He who is the ocean which keeps pearls within itself.
474. Dhaneswara - He who is the God of wealth.
475. Dharma Gupa - He who protects Dharma.
476. Dharma Krith - He who practices Dharma (in spite of His being much above it).
477. Dharmi - He who supports Dharma.
478. Sadha - He who is the ultimate permanent truth (Para Brahman).
479. Asadha - He who is the ultimate truth which is hidden (by illusion).
480. Kshara - He who is all who deceives themselves as the mind, body and senses.
481. Akshara - He who is beyond mind, body and senses or He who lives in ones heart as a permanent witness.
482. Avignatha - He who is not one who does not know.
483. Sahsramsu - He who has thousand rays.
484. Vidhatha - He who carries the world and also those who carry it like Adisesha, Diggaja etc.
485. Kritha Lakshana - He who made the science of properties of all aspects or He who is the grammar of appearance of every known being.
486. Gabasthi Nemi - He who is in the form of the zodiac.
487. Sath Vastha - He who permeates in Sathva Guna (kind hearted disciplined life?) or He who lives among souls.
488. Simha - He who was born as a lion or He who is as royal as a lion.
489. Bhootha Maheswara - He who is the first and ultimate God of all beings or He who is God of everything.
490. Adhi Deva - He who was God before the Devas or He who was the first God.
491. Maha Deva - He who lived in renunciation and by Yoga became the greatest truth (God?).
492. Devesha - He who is the Lord of Devas.
493. Deva Brit Guru - He who is the teacher (guru) for Indra the chief of Devas.
494. Utthara - He who saves all beings from the miserable ocean of mortal life or He who awoke to help the Devas.
495. Gopathi - He who rears the cattle (Pasu or Go can also be taken to denote all mortals).
496. Goptha - He who is the saviour.
497. Gnana Gamya - He who can only be attained by right knowledge (Gnana).
498. Purathana - He who is very ancient.
499. Sareera Bhootha Brit - He who is the soul of Pancha Bhoothas which is the basis of all beings.
500. Bhoktha - He who enjoys the truth in himself or He who takes care of all beings.
501. Kapindra - He who is Rama who is dear to all monkeys or He who has taken the Avathara of Varaha.
502. Bhoori Dakshina - He who conducts Yagas and gives cash benefits (Dakshina) to many.
503. Somapa - He who drinks Soma.
504. Amruthapa - He who drinks the nectar of the bliss of the soul (Athmananda).
505. Soma - He who in the form of moon helps plants to grow.
506. Puru Jit - He who has won over several.
507. Puru Sattama - He who is the best in several forms.
508. Vinaya - He who punishes bad people.
509. Jaya - He who wins every other being.
510. Sathya Sandha - He who never breaks his word (oath).
511. Dasarha - He who gives all to his devotes or He who was born among the Yadavas.
512. Sathvatham Pathi - He who is takes care of the authors of the Sastra of Saathvatha.
513. Jiva - He who in the form of soul makes all beings.
514. Vinayitha Sakshi - He who is a witness to obedience by others to Him.
515. Mukunda - He who gives immortal bliss (Moksha).
516. Amitha Vikrama - He who is immeasurable steps or He who has greatest Valor.
517. Ambho Nidhi - He who is the ultimate sojourn to Devas, Manushyas, Asuras and Pithrus or He Who has kept himself in the ocean to carry the worlds.
518. Anantha Atma - He who is immeasurable or He who is the soul of Adisesha.
519. Maho Dadhi Saya - He who sleeps on the ocean.
520. Anthaka - He who brings about end of everything.
521. Ajha - He who is the beginning and in the form of Manmadha (God of love).
522. Maharha - He who is fit to be worshipped.
523. Swaabhavya - He who by nature is not different or He who is usual.
524. Jithamitra - He who has won the enemies inside and outside.
525. Pramodhana - He who is always happy or He who makes those devotees who meditate on Him happy.
526. Ananda - He who is the personification of happiness.
527. Nandana - He who makes his devotees happy.
528. Nanda - He who is full of everything that is needed or He who has crossed the ordinary pleasures.
529. Satyadharma - He who is the truthful dharma.
530. Trivikrama - He who measured the worlds in three steps.
531. Maharshi Kapilacharya - He who is the sage Kapila.
532. Krithagna - He who is the world and the soul which knows the world.
533. Medhini Pathi - He who is the lord of the worlds.
534. Tripadha - He who has three steps or He who is formed by three letters AA UU and Ma (that is OM).
535. Tridasadyaksha - He who directs (sees from above) the states of wakefulness, sleep and dream.
536. Mahasringa - He who has the great horn (in which he tied the earth traveling in a boat during deluge).
537. Krithantha Krit - He who destroys the world created by Himself.
538. Mahavaraha - He who took the shape of Varaha (boar).
539. Govinda - He who is attained by Vedic words.
540. Sushena - He who has a great army (the Stanzas in Upanishads are his army).
541. Kankam Gathi - He who has Golden Shoulders (golden has been translated as refined by some).
542. Guhya - He who is known only by the secret Upanishads or He who is in the cave of the mind.
543. Gabhira - He who appears majestic because of knowledge, wealth, strength and valor.
544. Gahana - He whose depth can not be measured.
545. Guptha - He who is hidden from mind and the words.
546. Chakra Gathadhara - He who keeps the holy Wheel (representing mind) and Holy Mace (representing Philosophy) to save the world.
547. Vedhasa - He who creates or He who gives immeasurable happiness and wealth to his devotees.
548. Swanga - He who is the instrument reason and cause for existence.
549. Ajitha - He who cannot be won.
550. Krishna - He who is the colour of the black cloud or He who is Krishna Dwaipayana the sage.
551. Dhrida - He who has no change in character and ability.
552. Samkarshano Achyutha - He who draws beings within Himself during the deluge.
553. Varuna - He who is purple sun who is about to set or He who hides everything.
554. Vaaruna - He who is Vasishta who is the son of Varuna.
555. Vriksha - He who is firm and stable like the tree.
556. Pushkaraksha - He who has spread completely or He who rained kindness from his eyes.
557. Maha Manaa - He who performs creation, upkeep and destruction by a thought in his great mind.
558. Bhagawan - He who is the storehouse of wealth, Dharma, fame, riches, renunciation and Moksha.
559. Bhagagna - He who destroys wealth during deluge.
560. Anandi - He who is the personification of bliss.
561. Vanamali - He who wears nature as a garland.
562. Halayudha - He who has plough as his weapon.
563. Adhitya - He who was born as Vamana to Adhithi.
564. Jyotir Adithya - He who shines in the zodiac.
565. Sahishnu - He who tolerates everything.
566. Gathisathama - He who is the truth and He whom every one attains.
567. Sudhanva - He who has the holy bow called Saranga which is personification of our senses.
568. Kkhanda Parasu - He who has axe as a weapon to kill enemies.
569. Dharuna - He who is cruel to those who prevent the right path.
570. Dhravina Pradha - He who gives the wealth asked by devotees.
571. Dhiva Sprikh - He who touches the sky or He who shows his secret form by touch.
572. Sarva Drik Vyasa - He who writes about all knowledge.
573. Vachaspathirayonija - He who was not born and is the Lord of knowledge.
574. Thrisama - He who is worshipped by the three samas (Briht, Rathandara and Vamadeva branches of Sama Veda).
575. Samaga - He who sings Sama Veda.
576. Sama - He who is the Sama Veda.
577. Nirvana - He who is beyond all sadness.
578. Beshaja - He who is the medicine.
579. Bhisahkh - He who is the Doctor.
580. Sanyasa Krit - He who introduced Sanyasa (renunciation) as the method for salvation.
581. Chama - He who controls every thing.
582. Shantha - He who is not attracted by bodily pleasures.
583. Nishta - He who is the place where everything ends.
584. Shanthi - He who is the cause of removing ignorance.
585. Paarayana - He who is in the high pedestal and never returns to bodily pleasures.
586. Shubhanga - He who has beautiful limbs or He who carries out the Ashtangas, the path to salvation.
587. Shanthida - He who gives peace.
588. Srishta - He who creates everything.
589. Kumuda - He who is happy to be in the world.
590. Kuvalesaya - He who sleeps on the ocean surrounding the world.
591. Gohitha - He who does good to earthly beings or He who puts limits to nature.
592. Gopathi - He who is the lord of all beings in the world.
593. Goptha - He who takes care of the world.
594. Vrishabhaksha - He whose merciful eyes showers whatever is prayed for.
595. Vrisha Priya - He who loves Dharma.
596. Anivarthee - He who never returns from a war without victory.
597. Nivrthathma - He whose mind never attaches itself to pleasures.
598. Samksheptha - He who shrinks the wide world during deluge.
599. Kshemakritha - He who keeps those recognized by Him comfortable.
600. Shiva - He who removes sins as soon as His name is thought of.
601. Shrivatsa Vakshas - He who has Shrivatsa on his chest.
602. Shrivasa - He in whom Goddess Lakshmi lives.
603. Shripathi - He who is the Lord of Goddess Lakshmi.
604. Shrimatam Vara - He who is greatest among Gods.
605. Shridha - He who gives wealth to his devotees.
606. Shrisa - He who is the God of Goddess Lakshmi.
607. Shrinivasa - He who lives in Gentlemen (Shriman) or He in whom Goddess Lakshmi lives.
608. Shri Nidhi - He who is the treasure of all strengths.
609. Shrivi Bhavana - He who gives to all beings wealth according to merits earned by them.
610. Shridhara - He who carries the Goddess Lakshmi on his chest.
611. Shrikara - He who gives all wealth to his devotees.
612. Shreya - He who is the personification of perennial happiness.
613. Shriman - He who is a gentle man.
614. Loka Trayasraya - He on whom the three worlds depend.
615. Swaksha - He who has lotus like eyes.
616. Swanga - He who has beautiful limbs.
617. Ssathananda - He who has several types (hundred) happiness.
618. Nanda - He who is personification of supreme happiness.
619. Jyothir Ganeswara - He who is the chief of lustrous bodies.
620. Vijhitatma - He who has conquered the mind.
621. Avidheyatma - He who is not under the control of anybody.
622. Sathkeerthi - He who has good fame.
623. Chinna Samsaya - He who does not suspect or He who sees everything clearly.
624. Uudheerna - He who is greater than all beings.
625. Sarwata Chakshu - He who sees everything everywhere.
626. Aaneesa - He who does not have any God above him.
627. Saswatha Sthira - He who is permanently stable.
628. Bhoosa - He who slept on the ground (as Rama waiting for sea God to respond) or He Who lives in idols on the Ground.
629. Bhooshana - He who decorated the world (by several births).
630. Bhootha - He who has existence.
631. Vishoka - He who is never sad.
632. Shoka Nasana - He who destroys sadness of his devotees.
633. Archishma - He who gives light to astral bodies.
634. Architha - He who is worshipped in all the three worlds.
635. Khumba - He who is the basis of everything or He who is being worshipped in temples in earth.
636. Vishudhatma - He who has supremely clean habits.
637. Vishodhana - He who removes sins of those who think of Him.
638. Aniruddha - He who can never be stopped by His enemies.
639. Aprathiradha - He who has no enemies.
640. Pradhyumna - He who has great wealth or He who makes others sparkle.
641. Amitha Vikrama - He who has immeasurable fame.
642. Kala Neminiha - He who killed Kala Nemi.
643. Veera - He who is valorous.
644. Sowra - He who was born in the Sura dynasty (Sri Krishna).
645. Shoora Janeswara - He who is God for heroes like Indra.
646. Thrilokathma - He who is not different from the three worlds.
647. Thrilokesa - He who is the Lord of three worlds.
648. Kesava - He who gave rays to lustrous bodies or He in whom Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva reside.
649. Kesiha - He who killed the Asura called Kesi.
650. Hari - He who removes births and deaths with their cause or He who is green.
651. Kama deva - He who is passionately loved by his devotees.
652. Kama pala - He who takes care of desires.
653. Kaami - He who fulfills desires.
654. Kaantha - He who has attraction.
655. Krithagama - He who created holy rule books (agamas).
656. Anirdesya Vapu - He whose looks cannot be defined.
657. Vishnu - He who has spread all over.
658. Veera - He who goes, spreads, creates, throws and eats.
659. Anantha - He who is endless.
660. Dhananjaya - He who is Arjuna or He who wins the attraction over money.
661. Brahmanya - He who favours penance (Tapas), Knowledge, Brahmanas and Vedas.
662. Brahma Krit - He who made penance (Tapas).
663. Brahma - He who is Brahma the creator.
664. Brahmana - He who is Brahman.
665. Brahma Vivardhana - He who encourages the ways to Brahman like Tapas.
666. Brahma Vid - He who knows Vedas properly.
667. Brahmana - He who in the Form of Brahmins teaches Vedas.
668. Brahmi - He who controls all that is denoted by Brahma.
669. Brahmangna - He who knows Vedas as Himself.
670. Brahmana Priya - He who is liked by Brahmins.
671. Maha Krama - He who takes big steps.
672. Maha Karma - He who does the great works like creation, upkeep and destruction.
673. Maha Teja - He who gives light to stars or He who is the great star.
674. Mahoraga - He who has the form of the great serpent.
675. Maha Krithu - He who is the great doer.
676. Mahar Yajwa - He who shows the way by performing great sacrifices (Yagna).
677. Maha Yagna - He who is the greatest Yagna (sacrifice).
678. Maha Havi - He who is the greatest sacrificial offering in the Yagna.
679. Stavya - He who is being praised by everybody.
680. Sthava Priya - He who likes being praised.
681. Stotra - He who is the song about Himself.
682. Sthutha - He who is the act of being sung about God.
683. Sthothra - He who is the devotee who sings about him.
684. Rana Priya - He who likes war.
685. Poorna - He who is complete.
686. Poorayitha - He who completes the wishes of his devotees.
687. Pushya - He who removes sins as one thinks about Him.
688. Punya Keerthi - He who is famous for removing sins.
689. Anamaya - He who never becomes ill.
690. Manojava - He who is as fast as the mind.
691. Theertha Kara - He who created methods for salvation of all beings in the world.
692. Vasu Rethas - He who is the golden essence of Himself.
693. Vasu Pradha - He who gives wealth to his devotees.
694. Vasupradha - He who leads His devotees to salvation.
695. Vasu Deva - He who was born as son of Vasudeva.
696. Vasu - He in whom all others live.
697. Vasu Manas - He who has a mind which lives in all others.
698. Havi - He who is the sacrificial offering in the Yagas.
699. Sad Gadhi - He who is attained by good people.
700. Sad Krithi - He who does good action.
701. Saththa - He who is personification of non differential knowledge.
702. Sad Brithi - He who is Sat and Chit (Truth and Ultimate truth).
703. Sad Parayana - He who is attained by those who know him.
704. Sura Sena - He who lead an army of heroes.
705. Yadu Sreshta - He who is the greatest among Yadus (Krishna belonged to this family).
706. Sannivasa - He who is the ultimate place where scholars go.
707. Suyamuna - He who is surrounded by residents of Yamuna.
708. Bhootavasa - He who keeps all beings in his caring sight.
709. Vasudeva - He who hides the world by illusion.
710. Sarvasunilaya - He who is the form of Jivatma (the form of God within every being).
711. Anala - He who has unending strength.
712. Darpaha - He who destroys the pride of those who are against Dharma.
713. Darpadha - He who gives self satisfaction to those who walk in the path of Dharma.
714. Drptha - He who is supremely happy or He who never gets proud of his strength.
715. Durdhara - He who can be brought to the mind with difficulty.
716. Aparajitha - He who can not be won.
717. Viswa Murthi - He who has the universe as his body.
718. Maha Murthi - He who has a big body.
719. Deepthamurthy - He who has a body which shines due to knowledge.
720. Murthyman - He whose body when he is born is not a result of Karma.
721. Aneka Murthy - He who is born several times.
722. Avyaktha - He who is not clear or He who cannot be determined to be a certain thing by any body.
723. Satha Murthy - He who has several forms.
724. Sathanana - He who has several faces.
725. Eka - He who is one.
726. Naika - He who appears as in different forms by illusion.
727. Sava - He who is the personification of soma Yaga.
728. Kava - He who shines even among those who are sinners or He who is worshipped as ka indicating pleasures.
729. Kasmai - He who can be investigated and known.
730. Yasmai - He who tries to help his devotees always or He who is indicated by yat.
731. Thasmai - He who is indicated by the word THAT.
732. Padamanuttamam - He who is in such a high position that the most knowledgeable want to attain him.
733. Loka Bhandu - He who is a relation of all beings.
734. Loka Natha - He who rules over the world.
735. Madhava - He who was born in the family of Madhu.
736. Bhaktha Vatsala - He who loves his devotees.
737. Suvarna Varna - He who is of a golden colour.
738. Hemanga - He who has a golden body.
739. Varanga - He who has beautiful body.
740. Chandanam Gathi - He who wears Golden armlets to give happiness.
741. Veeraha - He who is a hero destroying sins.
742. Vishama - He who cannot be compared to any one else.
743. Sunya - He who appears as if he is not there.
744. Grithasi - He who does not have desires.
745. Achala - He who is supremely stable.
746. Chala - He who moves in the form of wind for example.
747. Amani - He who does not have pride and willing to be any thing.
748. Manada - He who by his illusion makes people love their body.
749. Manya - He who is fit to be worshipped.
750. Loka Swami - He who is the lord of the universe.
751. Thriloka Drik - He who carries the three worlds.
752. Sumedha - He who is having good causing knowledge.
753. Medhaja - He who is created in Yagas.
754. Dhanya - He who has all facilities.
755. Sathya Medha - He who has a knowledge which is unalloyed truth.
756. Dhara Dhara - He who carried the mountain.
757. Thejovrisha - He who rains light.
758. Dhythi Dhara - He who has shining limbs.
759. Sarva Sastra Bhritham Vara - He who is the greatest among those who are armed.
760. Pragraha - He who receives (the flowers, leaves etc offered by his devotees).
761. Nigraha - He who keeps every thing within himself.
762. Vyanga - He who does not have end.
763. Naika Sringa - He who has several horns (Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha are the horns).
764. Gadhagraja - He who appears before by Manthras or He who appeared before Gatha.
765. Chatur Murthy - He who has four forms.
766. Chathur Bahu - He who has four arms.
767. Chatur Vyooha - He who has four Vyoohas (Four gates).
768. Chatur Gathi - He who is the destination for four Varnas (Brahmana, Kshatriya, Vysya and Shudra).
769. Chatur Atma - He who has four aspects of mind. Brain, thought and pride.
770. Chatur Bhava - He who is the reason for Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha (right action, wealth, pleasure and salvation).
771. Chatur Veda Vidha - He who knows properly the meaning of four Vedas.
772. Eka Patha - He who keeps all the worlds under one of his feet.
773. Sama Vartha - He who rotates the wheel of birth and death.
774. Nivrittatma - He who is always available everywhere.
775. Dur Jaya - He who can not be won.
776. Durathikrama - He whose orders can never be disobeyed.
777. Dur Labha - He who can not be attained except by devotion.
778. Dur Gama - He who is easily not known.
779. Durga - He who is difficult to attain due to way side road blocks.
780. Dura Vasa - He who can be kept in the mind with great difficulty.
781. Durariha - He who kills those adopting the wrong path.
782. Shubhanga - He who has a beautiful body.
783. Loka Saranga - He who understands the essence of the world.
784. Suthanthu - He who keeps with him the wide world.
785. Thanthu Vardhana - He who broadens the world.
786. Indra Karma - He who has the work like Indra.
787. Maha Karma - He who created all great beings.
788. Kritha Karma - He who does not have a need to do any thing.
789. Kritha Agama - He who created the Vedas.
790. Udbhava - He who attains great births.
791. Sundara - He who is the epitome of beauty.
792. Sunda - He who is wet (has mercy).
793. Rathna Nabha - He who has a beautiful belly.
794. Sulochana - He who has beautiful eyes.
795. Arka - He who is suitable to be worshipped by all great Gods.
796. Vaja Sana - He who gives Anna (food).
797. Shringa - He who was born as a fish with horn.
798. Jayantha - He who is the cause of victory.
799. Sarva Vijjayi - He who knows all and wins over all.
800. Suvarna Bindu - He who has limbs of the body like Gold or He who is the God of Pranava (OM).
801. Akshobya - He who should not be disturbed.
802. Sarva Vagesware Swara - He who is the chief among Gods who speak.
803. Maha Hrida - He whose heart is full of the eternal water of happiness.
804. Maha Gartha - He who is the lord of illusion which is like a big hole or He who is a great charioteer.
805. Maha Bhootha - He who is spread in all places always.
806. Maha Nidhi - He in Whom all wealth is saved.
807. Kumudha - He who makes the earth happy.
808. Kundara - He who recognizes results of good deeds.
809. Kunda - He who gave earth as Dana to Kasyapa (as Parasurama).
810. Parjanya - He who is a cloud (which showers comfort to the sad people).
811. Pavana - He who makes one pure by mere thought.
812. Anila - He who does not have any one to order him Or He who never sleeps.
813. Amruthasa - He who eats nectar which is the greatest happiness.
814. Amritha Vapu - He who has a body which cannot be destroyed.
815. Sarvagna - He who knows every thing.
816. Sarvatho Muga - He who has faces everywhere or He who can be approached from any where.
817. Sulabha - He who can be easily attained.
818. Suvritha - He who does great penance.
819. Siddha - He for no reason is always Himself.
820. Sathuru Jita - He who wins over his enemies.
821. Sathru Thapana - He who makes his enemies suffer.
822. Nyagrodha - He who is above all beings in the worlds below.
823. Udhumbara - He who is above skies or He who gives food to all the world.
824. Aswatha - He who is like a banyan tree.
825. Chanurandra Nishudhana - He who killed Chanoora who belonged to Andhra.
826. Sahasrarchi - He who has thousand rays.
827. Satha Jihwa - He who is the fire God with seven tongues.
828. Sapthaida - He who has seven flames.
829. Saptha Vahana - He who is the Sun God with seven horses.
830. Amoorthi - He who does not have shape.
831. Anagha - He who is not touched by sins.
832. Achintya - He who cannot be known by thought process.
833. Bhaya Krit - He who creates fear in bad people.
834. Bhaya Nasana - He who destroys fear in good people.
835. Anu - He who is small like an atom.
836. Brihat - He who is extremely big.
837. Krisa - He who is thin.
838. Sthoola - He who is stout.
839. Guna Britha - He who has the nature to create, upkeep and destroy.
840. Nirguna - He who does not have any properties.
841. Mahaan - He who is great.
842. Adhritha - He who is not carried by any thing.
843. Swadhritha - He who carries Himself.
844. Swasya - He who has a beautiful face or He from whose face Vedas came out.
845. Pragvamsa - He who belongs to the first dynasty.
846. Vamsa Vardhana - He who makes dynasties grow.
847. Bhara Brit - He who carries heavy worlds.
848. Khadhitha - He who is called as ultimate truth by the Vedas.
849. Yogi - He who can be attained by yoga or He who sees his essence always.
850. Yogisa - He who is the greatest among Yogis.
851. Sarva Kamada - He who fulfills all desires.
852. Asrama - He who is the place where beings can relax.
853. Sravana - He who gives sorrow to sinners.
854. Kshama - He who destroys during deluge.
855. Suparna - He who is a tree of whose leaves are the Vedas.
856. Vayu Vahana - He who makes winds move.
857. Dhanur Dhara - He who is a great archer (in the form of Rama).
858. Dhanur Veda - He who knows the science of Archery.
859. Dhanda - He who is the weapon to those who punish and also is the punishment.
860. Dhamayitha - He who controls and rules people.
861. Dhama - He who is also the patience when being ruled.
862. Aparajitha - He who can never be won by His enemies.
863. Sarva Saha - He who is an expert in every thing.
864. Niyantha - He who makes people obey rules.
865. Aniyama - He who is not subject to any rules.
866. Ayama - He who does not have fear of death (caused by Yama).
867. Sathva Van - He who is brave and valorous.
868. Saathvika - He who is soft natured (of Sathva Guna).
869. Satya - He who is good to the good people or He who is available to good people.
870. Satya Dharma Parayana - He who holds truth and charity (dharma) as important.
871. Abhipraya - He who is approached by seekers of salvation.
872. Priyarha - He who is suitable for giving away of our most cherished things.
873. Arha - He who is most appropriate for prayers.
874. Priya Krit - He who fulfills desires (of devotees).
875. Preethi Vardhana - He who increases devotion of his devotees.
876. Vihaya Sagatha - He who lives in the sky.
877. Jyothi - He who glitters himself.
878. Suruchi - He who shines beautifully.
879. Hartha Bujha - He who eats what has been offered to him through fire.
880. Vibha - He who is every where.
881. Ravi - He who is the sun.
882. Virochana - He who shines in several ways.
883. Surya - He who makes everything.
884. Savitha - He who creates worlds.
885. Ravi Lochana - He who has the sun for his eyes.
886. Anantha - He who is limitless.
887. Hutha Bhuja - He who eats what is offered in fire sacrifice (homa).
888. Bhoktha - He who consumes nature.
889. Sukhada - He who gives his devotees the pleasure of salvation.
890. Naikaja - He who took several forms.
891. Agraja - He who is in front of everything.
892. Anirvinna - He who does not have any worries.
893. Sadhamarshi - He who pardons mistakes (committed by his devotees).
894. Loka Adhishtana - He who is the basis of the world.
895. Adbhuta - He who is the wonder.
896. Sanaath - He who is from the very beginning.
897. Sanathana Thama - He who is older than the oldest.
898. Kapila - He who is of purple colour or He who was sage Kapila.
899. Kapi - He who is the sun.
900. Avyaya - He in whom all disappear during the deluge.
901. Swasthida - He who gives all good things to his devotees.
902. Swasthi Krith - He who does good.
903. Swasthi - He who is good Himself.
904. Swasthi Bukh - He who enjoys goodness.
905. Swasthi Dakshina - He who has the nature of giving good.
906. Aroudhra - He who is never cruel.
907. Kundali - He who is Adi Sesha or He who wears shining ear globes.
908. Chakree - He who wears Chakra (the holy wheel ).
909. Vikramee - He walks beautifully.
910. Urjitha Sasana - He who gives firm orders.
911. Sabdhathiga - He who can not be reached by words.
912. Sabdhasaha - He who can tolerate all sounds.
913. Shisira - He who is cool like winter.
914. Ssarvarikara - He who creates darkness like night.
915. Akroora - He who is not cruel.
916. Pesala - He who is extremely handsome.
917. Dhaksha - He who is clever.
918. Dhakshina - He who goes everywhere or He who kills his enemies.
919. Kshaminam Vara - He who is the greatest among those who have patience.
920. Vidhuthama - He who is greatest among those who know.
921. Veetha Bhaya - He who is not afraid.
922. Punya Sravana Keerthana - He who increases boons to those who sing about him.
923. Uthaarana - He who makes you climb the shore from ocean of misery.
924. Dushkrathiha - He who removes sins.
925. Punya - He who gives rewards to good deeds.
926. Dhuswapna Nasana - He who destroys bad dreams.
927. Veeraha - He who gives the suffering people of the world salvation.
928. Rakshana - He who protects.
929. Santha - He who is personification of good people.
930. Jivana - He who makes all beings live by being their soul.
931. Paryavasthitha - He who is spread every where.
932. Anantha Roopa - He who has countless forms or He who is Adisesha.
933. Anantha Shree - He whose strength cannot be estimated.
934. Jithar Manyu - He who has won over anger.
935. Bhayapaha - He who removes fear.
936. Chathurasra - He who is just.
937. Gabeerathma - He whose depth can never be found.
938. Vidhisa - He who gives special favors.
939. Vyaadhisa - He who gives different works to different gods.
940. Dhisa - He who as Veda, points out the results of different actions.
941. Anadhi - He who does not have a cause.
942. Bhor Bhuva - He who is the basis of the earth and its goal.
943. Lakshmi - He who is the luster of the earth or He who is himself the wealth.
944. Suveera - He who has been praised in several ways.
945. Ruchirangadha - He who has beautiful shoulders.
946. Janana - He who creates people.
947. Jana Janmadi - He who is the existence of all people.
948. Bheema - He of whom all beings are afraid.
949. Bheema Parakrama - He who creates fear in his adversaries.
950. Adhara Nilaya - He who is the basis of the basis (five elements).
951. Adhatha - He who drinks all beings at the time of deluge or He who is the only one basis.
952. Pushpa Hasa - He who opens like a flower at the time of primal creation.
953. Praja Gara - He who is always awake.
954. Urdhwaga - He who is above everything.
955. Satpadachara - He who adopts good deeds prescribed by him.
956. Pranada - He who gives life.
957. Pranava - He who is OM.
958. Pana - He who accepts all offerings to him and gives rewards.
959. Pramana - He who is the lustrous personification of knowledge.
960. Prana Nilaya - He in whom all souls live.
961. Prana Brit - He who nurtures beings.
962. Prana Jivana - He who makes beings live.
963. Thathvam - He who is the real meaning.
964. Thathva Vidhe - He who knows his essence.
965. Eka Athma - He who is the one and only one soul.
966. Janma Mrutyu Jarathiga - He who is above birth, death and ageing.
967. Bhurbhuva Swastharu Sthara - He who is spread as a tree to Bhuu Loka, Bhuvar Loka, and Suvar Loka.
968. Thara - He who makes us cross the sea of births and deaths.
969. Savitha - He who has created everything.
970. Prapithamaha - He who is the great grand father (All human beings are grand children of Brahma, the son of Vishnu).
971. Yagna - He who shows results to those who conduct Yagna (Fire sacrifice).
972. Yagna Pathi - He who protects Yagna.
973. Yajwa - He who conducts Yagnas.
974. Yagna Anga - He whose limbs are Yagna.
975. Yagna Vahana - He who carries forward Yagna.
976. Yagna Brit - He who accepts Yagna.
977. Yagna Krit - He who created Yagna.
978. Yagni - He who is the head of Yagna.
979. Yagna Bhuja - He who uses Yagna.
980. Yagna Sadhana - He who indicates Yagna as a method of attaining Him.
981. Yagna Antha Krit - He who increases the effect of Yagna.
982. Yagna Guhya - He who is the secret of Yagna.
983. Anna - He who is food.
984. Annada - He who eats food.
985. Athma Yoni - He who is the cause of all beings.
986. Swayam Jatha - He who is the cause of His own birth.
987. Vaikhkhana - He who dug earth as a boar (varaha).
988. Sama Gayana - He who sings Sama Veda.
989. Deavaki Nandana - He who is the son of Devaki.
990. Srishta - He who created the world.
991. Ksitheesa - He who is the God to all worlds.
992. Papa Nasana - He who destroys sin.
993. Sankha Brit - He who has a Conch (called Pancha Janya).
994. Nandaki - He who has the sword called Nandaka.
995. Chakri - He who has the wheel called Sudharsana.
996. Sarnga Dhanwa - He who has the bow called Saranga.
997. Gadha Dhara - He who has a mace called Gowmodaki.
998. Radanga Pani - He who keeps the wheel in his hand ready to use.
999. Akshobya - He who cannot be broken down by his enemies.
1000. Sarva Praharanayudha - He who uses everything as a weapon.
Sarvapraharanayuda OM Nama Idi.
He who uses everything as a weapon Om.
Vanamali Gadhi Sarnkhee Chakree cha nandaki
Sreeman narayano vishnur vasudevobhi rakshatu
Protect us Oh Lord Narayana
Who wears the forest garland,
Who has the mace, conch, sword and the wheel.
And who is called Vishnu and the Vasudeva
Uttara Bhaga [Afterward]
Phalashruthi [Benefits of Recitation]
Itidam Keerthanasya Kesavasya mahatmana,
Namnam sahasram Diwyanamaseshesna prakeerthitham
Thus was told,
All the holy thousand names,
Of Kesava who is great.
Ya tdam srunyuan nityam yaschapi parikeerthayed,
Nasubham prapunayad kinchid Soamuthre ha cha manava
He who hears or sings,
It all without fail,
In all days of the year,
Will never get in to bad,
In this life and after.
Vedantago brahmana syad kshatriyo vijayi bhaved,
Vaisyo dhana samruddha syachyutha Sugapnuyad
The Brahmin will get knowledge,
The Kshatriya will get victory,
The Vaisya will get wealth,
The Shudra will get pleasures,
By reading these.
Dharmarthi Prapnuyad Dharmam, Artharthi Cha Arthamapnuyad,
Kamanvapnuyad Kami, PrajarthiChapnuyad Prajam
He who seeks Dharma,
He who seeks wealth,
He who seeks pleasures,
He who seeks children,
Will all without fail,
Get what they want.
Bhakthiman Ya sdaothaya, Suchistad gatha manasa,
Sahasram vasudevasya Namnamedat prakeerthayed
Yasa Prapnodhi vipulam yadi pradanya meva cha
Achalam sriyamapnodhi sryaprapnothyanuttamam
Na Bhayam kwachidapnodhi Veerya tejascha vindhati
Bhavatyarogo dyuthiman bala roopa gunanvidha
Rogartho muchayade rogat, Bhaddo muchyathe Bandanath,
Bhayan muchyathe Bheedasthu, muchyadepanna apada,
He who sings the thousand names of Vasudeva,
With utmost devotion,
After he rises in the morn,
With a mind tied in Him always,
Will get fame without fail,
Will be first in what he does,
Will get riches that last,
Would attain salvation from these bonds,
Will never be afraid of anything,
Will be bubbling with vim and valour,
Will not get any ills,
Will be handsome forever,
Will have all the virtues in this wide world,
And he who is ill will get cured,
He who is bound will be free,
He who is afraid, will get rid of fear,
He who is in danger, will be safe.
Durganyadarthyasu purusha purushottamam,
Stuvan nama sahasrena nityam bhakthi samanvida
He who chants these holy thousand names,
With devotion to Purushottama,
Will cross the miseries,
That cannot be crossed
Vasudevasryo marthyo vasudeva parayana,
Sarva papa vishudhatma Yati brahma sanathanam
The man who nears Vasudeva,
The man who takes Him as shelter,
Would get rid of all sins,
And become purer than the pure,
And will reach Brahman,
Which existed forever.
Na vasudevabhaktanamasubham vidyate Kwachit
Janma Nrutyu jara Vyadhi Bhayam naivopa jayade
The devotees of Vasudeva the great,
Never fall into days that are difficult,
And never forever suffer,
Of birth, death, old age and fear.
Imam stavamaddeyana sraddha Bhakthi samanvidha,
Yujyedathma sukha kshanthi sri dhrithi smrithi keerthibhi
He who sings these names with devotion,
And with Bhakthi,
Will get pleasure the great,
Patience to allure,
Wealth to attract,
Bravery and memory to excel.
Na krodho na cha matsarya na shubha mati,
Bhavanthi kritha punyanam Bhakthanam puroshottame
The devotee of the Lord Purushottama,
Has neither anger nor fear,
Nor avarice and nor bad thoughts
Dhyau sachandrarka nakshatra Kham diso bhur mahadathi.
Vasudevasya veeryena vidhrithani mahatmana
All this world of sun and stars,
Moon and sky, Sea and the directions,
Are but borne by valour the great,
Of the great god Vasudeva.
Sasurasura gandharwa, sayakshoraga rahshasam,
Jagaddese vartatedam krishnasya sacharacharam
All this world,
Which moves and moves not,
And which has devas, rakshasas and Gandharwas,
And also asuras and nagas,
Is with Lord Krishna without fail.
Indriyani mano bhuddhi satvam tejo bala dhruti.
Vasudevatmakanyahu kshetram ksheragna eve cha
The learned ones say,
That all the limbs,
Mind, wisdom, and thought,
And also strength, bravery, body and the soul,
Are full of Vasudeva.
Sarvagamanamachara pradamm parikalpathe,
Achara prabhavo dharma dharmasya prabhurachyutha
Rule of life was first born
And from it came Dharma,
And from it came Achyutha the Lord.
Hrishaya pitaro deva mahabhootani dhatava,
Jangamajangamam chedam jagannarayanodbhavam
All the sages,
All the ancestors,
All the devas,
All the five elements,
All the pleasures,
All the luck,
All that moves,
All that does not move,
All came only,
From the great Narayana.
Yogo gnanan thada sankhyam vidhya shilpadhi karma cha
Veda shastradi vignanam death sravam janardhanath.
The Art of Yoga
And the science of Sankhya.
The treasure of knowledge.
The divine art of sculpture.
And all Vedas and sciences,
All these came from Janardhana
Eko vishnu Mahadbhutham pradag Bhutanyanekasa,
Treem lokan vyapya bhutatma bhungte viswabhugavyaya
Vishnu is many,
But He is one,
And he divides himself,
And exists in all beings,
That is in three worlds,
And rules all of them,
Without death and decay.
Imam stavam bhagavatho vishnur vyasena keerthitham,
Padedya icched purusha sreys prapthum sukhani cha
He who desires fame and pleasure,
Should chant these verses, sung by Vyasa,
Of this great stotra of Vishnu without fail.
Visweswaramajam devam Jagatha Prabhumavyayam,
Bhajanthi Ye pushkaraksham na te yanthi parabhavam
Na te Yanthi Parabhava Om Na Ithi
He will never fail,
Who sings the praise of the Lord,
Of this universe,
Who does not have birth,
Who is always stable,
And who shines and sparkles,
And has lotus eyes.
Om Nama He will not fail
Padma Pathra Visalakha padmanabha surothama,
Bhakthanamanu rakthanam Tratho Bhava Janardhana
Oh God Who has eyes,
Like the petals of lotus,
Oh God, Who has a lotus,
On his stomach,
Oh God, Who has eyes,
Seeing all things,
Oh God, Who is the Lord,
Of all devas,
Please be kind,
And be shelter,
To all your devotees,
Who come to you with love.
Yo mam nama sahasrena stothumichadi pandava,
Sohamekena slokena sthutha eva na samsaya
Sthutha eva na samsaya Om Nama Ithi
The Lord Said:
He who likes, Oh Arjuna,
To sing my praise,
Using these thousand names,
Should know Arjuna,
That I would be satisfied,
By his singing of,
Even one stanza,
Without any doubt.
Om Nama without any doubt
Vasanad Vasudevasya vasitham bhuvana trayam,
Sarva bhutha nivasosi vasudeva namosthuthe.
Sri Vasudeva namosthuthe om nama ithi
My salutations to you Vasudeva,
Because you who live in all the worlds,
Make these worlds as places,
Where beings live,
And also Vasudeva,
You live in all beings,
As their soul.
Om Nam salutations to Vasudeva
Kenoupayena Laguna Vishnor nama sahasragam,
Patyadher Pandither nithyam Srothumichamyaham Prabho
I am desirous to know oh Lord,
How the scholars of this world,
Will chant without fail,
These thousand names,
By a method that is easy and quick.
Sri Rama Rama ramethi reme rame manorame,
Sahasra nama thathulyam rama nama varanane
Rama nama varanane om nama ithi
Lord Shiva said:
Hey beautiful one,
I play with Rama always,
By chanting Rama Rama and Rama,
Hey lady with a beautiful face,
Chanting of the name Rama,
Is same as the thousand names.
Om Nama Rama Nama is same as this.
Namostvanandaya sahasra moorthaye
Sahasra Padakshi sirory Bahave,
Sahasra namne purushaya saswathe,
Sahasra koti yuga dharine nama
Sahasra Koti yuga dharine nama om nama ithi
Salutations to thee oh lord,
Who runs the immeasurable time,
Of thousand crore yugas,
Who has no end,
Who has thousand names,
Who has thousand forms,
Who has thousand feet,
Who has thousand eyes,
Who has thousand heads,
Who has thousand arms,
And Who is always there.
Om Nama, he who runs thousand crore yugas
Yatra Yogiswara Krishno Yatra Partho dhanurdhara
Tatra srirvijaya bhoothirdhruva neethir murthir mama
Where Krishna, the king of Yogas,
And where the wielder of bow,
Arjuna is there,
There will exist all the good,
All the the victory,
All the fame,
And all the justice.
In this world.
Sri Bhagawan Uvacha:
Ananyaschinatayanto Mam ye jana parypasathe,
Thesham nityabhi yukthanam yogakshemam vahamyaham
Parithrayana sadhunam vinasaya cha dushkritham,
Dharma samsthapanarthaya sambhavami yuge yuge
Artha vishanna sidhilascha beetha, Goreshu cha vyadeeshu varthamana
Samkalpa narayana sabdha mathram vimuktha dukho sukhino bhavanthu
Sri Bhagavan said:
I would take care,
Of worries and cares of Him,
Who thinks and serves me,
Without any other Thoughts,
To take care of Dharma,
To protect those who are good,
And to destroy all who are bad.
I will be born from time to time.
If he who is worried,
If he who is sad,
If he who is broken,
If he who is afraid,
If he who is severely ill,
If he who has heard tidings bad,
Sings Narayana and Narayana,
All his cares would be taken care of.
Prayer for Completion
Kayenavacha Manasendryrva budhyatmanava prakrithai swabhawat,
Karomi yadyat sakalam parasmai narayanayethi samarpayami
OM TAT SAT
I offer all that I do,
To Lord Narayana,
Whatever I do with my body,
Whatever I do with my mind,
Whatever I do with my brain,
Whatever I do with my soul,
And whatever I do with natures help.
Om that is the truth.