|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Module - A
Unit - A06: Introduction to Five Sheaths
By Raja Subramaniyan
On completion of this Unit, the student will be able to
(a) Identify the five sheaths
(b) Understand the relationship between role of each sheath
(c) Differentiate our real self from the five sheaths
Notes to the teacher: (Ref 1.33 to 1.36 of the original text)
Relate Cloud shielding the Sun with five sheaths shielding the Consciousness.
It is important to relate the scientific support to the existence of five sheaths.
1. List the Five Sheaths. Why are they referred to as sheaths? (Lesson 23)
2. Relate Consciousness with the sheaths (Lesson 23)
3. Relate the three bodies with the five sheaths (Lesson 23)
4. What are the contents of Causal body/ Happiness sheath? (Lesson 23)
5. Why should the real and unreal not be separated? (Lesson 24)
6. Why can the real and unreal not be separated? (Lesson 24)
7. Why is it that the real and unreal need not be separated? (Lesson 24)
8. What are the three types of happiness? (Lesson 24)
9. Why we are not enlightened even after understanding the difference between our unreal body-mind notion and the real self?
10. What are the three steps, which will convert the information into Knowledge? (Lesson 25)
Answers could be sent to the author for validation.