|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Module - A
Unit - A04: Introduction to Creation
By Raja Subramaniyan
On completion of this Unit, the student will be able to
(a) Know how the universe is created
(b) Understand the importance of knowing the nature of creation
(c) Identify the relationship between God, Living beings and Universe
Notes to the teacher: (Ref 1.15 to 1.28 of the original text)
Give a general overview of Creation through a drama enacted in the classroom. The story line is given in the Lesson A0412.
It is important for the student to understand WHY they should learn about the creation. This is more important than knowing the specific steps in creation.
Efforts should be made to make the student understand the creation as detail in as possible. However the emphasize should not be on memorizing and reproducing the order of creation but the conceptual differences in the creation should be understood.
If the students are interested the Sanskrit names of God, Living Beings, and Universe in the three different stages (Causal, Subtle, Gross), it can be discussed. This part is not given in the lessons.
Unit Test: [Session A24]
1. Why people in general are not keen to know the process of creation?
2. What is the role of three perceptions of ONE in creation?
3. Explain Causal, Subtle and Gross bodies of living beings.
4. List the 19 components of the Subtle body.
5. Explain death.
6. Why there is special craving for food and sex compared to other sense objects?
7. What is the difference between the living beings and nonliving inert objects?
8. What is the difference between God and the living beings?
9. When did the first creation happen?
10. What is the need for the God to create this universe?
Answers could be sent to the author for validation.