|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Kandha Malar Mel Urayum
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
(Laali songs are sung ceremonies after Oonjal like Pachai podal Vara Poojai etc.)
Thala Kanda Chapu
1. Kandha malar meethu urayum - kattazhagi sithai,
Indhu mukha Sundari sree - Ramar magizh kodhai
2. Kosalai kumarane - Kousalya Rama,
Kousikarin velvi thannai - katha paranthama
3. Kallai pennakki vaitha - kamala por patha,
Thol ulagil keerthi migum - duraye Raghu natha
4. Siva dhanusai murithu vitha - Cheer miguntha thola,
Bhuvani pugazh Janakan Petha Sithai manavala
1. The very pretty Sita sitting on scented flowers,
Who has a moon like face and makes Rama happy.
2. Oh Kosala Rama who is the son of Kausalya,
Oh God who saved the Yaga of Viswa mithra.
3. Oh God with lotus like feet who made the stone in to a lady,
Who was very famous in ancient world, Oh Lord, Oh Lord of Raghu
4. Oh Ace who broke the bow of Lord Shiva,
Who has very powerful and great shoulders,
Who is the husband of Sita, daughter of world famous Janaka.