|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Manasa Sancharare Rama
By Saint Thyagaraja
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
Manasa sancha ra re Rama
1. Vara muni bhaktha loka chaya arye,
Parama pavana nirjara varye,
Mukha jitha bha arye
2. Swara jitha gha na rava maadhurye,
Sura vairi nichaya thams surye,
3. Vikasitha sarasiruha nrthre,
Makaranka koti sannibha gather,
4. Sukha mukha vinutha sucharithre,
Akalaanka Sita sukalathre,
5. Aganitha loka gana dhare,
Naga vairi ripu jaladha sameere,
6. Vigalitha madha hrudayagare,
7. Kamalasana nutha guna grame,
Kamalari shekara Priya Rame,
8. Kamala hrud kumudha some,
Amala chitha jana ripu bheeme,
9. Vageesendra rudradheese,
Raga lobha madha vinase,
10. Raja raja poojitha Rameshe,
Thyagaraja hrudaya nivese,
Oh mind, be on the way to Rama
1. He who is dear to great devotees and sages,
He who is dear to very pure people and devas,
And the prettiness of whose face wins over the moon.
2. He whose voice wins in sweetness the song of the birds,
He who is the Sun who is the enemy of darkness,
He who has unmatchable valour.
3. He whose eyes are like fully opened lotus,
He whose body is prettier than billions of cupids,
He who is the friend of Sage Viswamithra.
4. He whose character is praised by sage Sukha,
He who is the husband of blemish less Sita,
He who is the pot of compassion.
5. He who carries countless worlds,
He who is the dark cloud that drives away Indra's enemies,
He who is far, far away from bad people.
6. He who resides in hearts which are not conceited,
He who travels within Vedas,
He who has monkeys as assistants.
7. He who is praised by Lord Brahma, who is a devotee,
He who is dear to Lord Shiva, who wears the moon,
He who is black like a rich cloud.
8. The moon who opens the flower like heart of Lakshmi,
He who is the great enemy of the enemies of pure minded,
He who is being passionately loved by Gopis.
9. He who is the lord of Brahma and Shiva,
He who destroys arrogance, avarice and attachment,
He who is the God of everything.
10. The consort of Lakshmi worshipped by emperors,
He who lives in the mind of Thyagaraja
He who is the Lord of Ayodhya.