|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Sri Maha Vidhya Kavacham
[The armour of great knowledge]
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
[Kali, Thara, Kamakhya, Bhuvaneswari, Bhairavi, Chinnamastha, Dhoomavathi. Bagala mukhi, Matangi and Kamala are the Goddesses collectively known as Mahavidhyas. They are mainly worshipped by Thanthrics.]
Sri Ganesa uvacha:-
1. Srunu devi pravakshyami kavacham sarva sidhidham,
AAdhyaayam Maha vidhyaaya sarvabheeshta phala pradham.
Oh goddess I would tell you a Kavacha which leads to all accomplishments,
Which is the primeval Goddess Maha Vidhya and which leads to fulfillment of all desires.
2. Kavachasya rishir devi Sadashiva itheeritha, chando anushtup, devathaa cha Maha vidhyaa prakerthithaa, Dharma artha kama mokshaanaam viniyogascha sadhane.
The sage for the armour is, Devi and Sadshiva, the meter is anushtup, the goddess addressed is "Maha Vidhya" and this is being chanted for Dhama, desire and salvation.
3. Iym kara pathu seershe maam, kama bheejam thadha hrudhi,
Remaa bheejam sadhaa pathu, nabhou guhye cha padayo.
Let "Iym" protect my head, Let "Kama Bheeja" protect my heart,
Let "Rema Bheejam" protect always my stomach, private parts and feet.
4. Lalate Sundari pathu, Ugraa maam kanda desatha,
Bhagamala sarva gather, Linge chaithanya roopini.
Let the pretty one protect my forehead,
Let Angry goddess protect my neck,
Let Bhagamalini protect all my body.
And let the Goddess with the form of intelligence protect my penis.
5. Poorva Maam pathu vaarahi, Brahmani dakshne thadha,
Uthare Vaishnavi pathu, Vaksha Karunya manasa.
Let my east side be protected by Vaarahi,
Let my south side be protected by Brahmaani,
Let Vaishnavi protect my north side,
And let my chest be protected by the goddess with a min d full of pity.
6. Maheswari cha Aagneyaam, Nairytathi kamala thadha,
Vayavyaam pathu koumari, Chamunda heesake aavathu.
Let my south east be protected by the great Goddess,
Let my south west be protected by Goddess Lakshmi
Let my North west be protected by Kaumari,
And let Chamanda be with me when I am tired.
7. Idham kavacham aajnathwaa, Maha vidhyaam yo japeth,
Na phalam jayathe thasya kalpa koti shathairapi.
If after reading this armour, one chants the "Maha Vidhyaa".
There is nothing which is not available to him for the next hundreds of crores of years.