|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Module - B
Unit - B02: Understanding the Universe
By Raja Subramaniyan
On completion of this Unit, the student will be able to
(a) Describe the composition of the Universe
(b) Differentiate living beings from inert objects
Notes to the teacher: (Ref 2. 47 to 2. 59 of the original text)
Discuss the source of the knowledge. How we acquire knowledge.
The reason for decimal system for human beings is 10 fingers and binary system for computers is 1 and 0. Similarly, we see the world as it is because of the limitation of our sense organs.
1. Prior to creation, this universe existed. True or False? Explain (Lesson 4)
2. Explain the difference between perceived universe and inferred universe.
3. List the five basic elements and write the corresponding qualities of each element. (Lesson 5)
4. Explain the difference between living objects and the inert matter.
5. List the 19 components that make up the Subtle Body.
6. Discuss your understanding of the Subtle Body. (Lesson 6)
7. Explain the example of blue sky and its relation to creation (Lesson 7)
8. Explain the snake-rope example in relation to creation (Lesson 7)
9. Explain the significance of the word THIS, in the context of THIS universe.
Answers could be sent to the author for validation.