|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Unit - 07: Introduction to Karma Yoga [Verses: 3.01 - 3.08]
By Raja Subramaniyan
On completion of this unit, the student will be able to
(a) Understand the purpose of the four lifestyles
(b) Understand the nature and importance of action.
(c) Make informed decisions on his career/ profession.
1. What is the hallmark of a good student and a good teacher?
2. What are the four lifestyles prescribed in the Vedas?
3. Which lifestyle will enable a person to reach the goal of Joyful Living?
4. What are the two milestones prescribed in the Vedas to reach the goal?
5. Why do we do actions?
6. What is the relationship between thoughts and actions?
7. What are the two ways in which one can prevent the influence of our desires on our thoughts and actions? Which way is superior?
8. What are the two criterion by which one can decide on his chosen profession?
9. What are the four professions prescribed in the Vedas?
10. What are the four combinations of Aura, Energy and Matter that decides the broad grouping of the four professions?
Answers could be sent to the author for validation.