|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
(These Songs are sung when the bride and groom swing for the first time on a decorated swing.)
1. Kannunjal Aadugindral,
Kanchana malai mana magizhundaal,
2. Ponnunjalil poorithu bhooshangal tharithu,
Easwaranaridathil aasaigal pala vaithu,
3. Uthama kumari, nithya sarvalangari,
Bhakthargal papa samhari,
Padma muga oyyari
4, Asaindu sangiliyadi usandu oorvasi pada,
Isaindhu thalangal poda,
Meenakshi pariyaal kondada.
She is swinging for the first time
1. She is swinging for the first time,
Her mind is extremely pleased,
Kanana Malai's mind is well pleased.
2. Becoming happy sitting on the golden swing,
Wearing several ornaments, keeping lot of desires,
On the great God, she is swinging for the first time.
3. 4. Making the chains move due to her movements,
With Urvasi the divine maiden singing,
And all well pleased people keeping beats,
And With Meenakshi celebrating the occasion.