|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Raksha Maam Sharanagatham
By Meenakshi Sutha (Banglore Nagaraj )
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
Raga Gambheera Nattai
Shanka Chakra Gadha pani,
Dwaraka Govinda Pundareekaksha,
Holder of conch, wheel and mace,
The lotus eyed one, the Govinda of Dwaraka,
Please protect me as I have surrendered to you.
Sridhara Madhava govindethi,
Nama virajitha Guru puresha,
Pakshi vahana, padmaja Ramana,
Pannaga shayana Padmanabha prabho Rakshmaam.
1. Virata swaroopa vinoda darshitha,
Vasudeva Guru pavana puresha
2. Nagaraja vibhooshana sannutha,
Nama Visesha Guru pavana puresha.
3. Naradadhi muneendra vandhitha,
Vana guha karana, Guru pavana puresha.
4. Koti koti Prabhakara bhavaka,
Soma prakasha Guru pavana pureesha
5. Mani maya noopura madana manohara,
Mangalakara Guru pavana pureesha
6. Nandakumara navanitha chora,
Nata Mandhara Guru pavana pureesha
7. Achandraka akanda dharani mandala
Ayasya Guru pavana pureesha
8. Lakshanajita shubha koti, Shubha satha koti,
Shubha madana sata koti Shubha madana,
Shubha vaksha sthala bhooshitha mani Kousthubha,
Pita vasana nava maukthika hara dhrutha,
Shanka Chakra Gadhabhja, mahitha nata,
Parijatha nutha namangita,
Nikhilanda koti jeevadhra prabho.
9. Guru pavana pura vasa, manohara, girijadhava sannutha,
Jagadeeswara parama bhaktha paripalana chathura nata,
Vara meenakshi suta chittha manohara,
Ganesha chathur mukha amara ganadhipa,
Suragana gurukula pramukha,
Parasara Narada Shuka Vyasa Ambariksha,
Prahlada, Vasishta, Vibheeshana, Shaunaka,
Marthanda, Varuna soma agni ashta disi samrakshaka,
Taraka Mandala saptha mahodhadhi bhuvana,
Chathurdasa darshitha, Viswaroopa Vinodha prabho.
Oh holder of conch, wheel and mace,
Oh lotus eyed Govinda of Dwaraka,
Please protect me who has come seeking your protection
Oh Sridhara, Oh Madhava, Oh Govinda,
Oh Vishnu, Oh Lord of Guruvayur,
Oh God who rides a bird, Oh consort of the lotus born,
Oh God who sleeps on snake, Oh Lord Padmanbha, protect me.
1. Oh God with mega form who looks strange,
Oh Vasudeva who is the Lord of Guruvayur.
2. Oh God worshipped by Shiva decorated by a serpent,
Who has very special fame, Oh Lord of Guruvayur.
3. Oh God worshipped by Narada and other sages,
Oh god responsible for Guha of the forest, Oh Lord of Guruvayur
4. Oh God Similar to billions of Suns,
Oh God with the light of the moon, Oh Lord of Guruvayur.
5. Oh God with gem studded anklets, Oh God as pretty as God of love,
Oh God who blesses with good things, Oh Lord of Guruvayur.
6. Oh God who is son of Nanda, Oh God who stole butter,
Oh God who is precious actor, Oh Lord of Guruvayur
7. Oh God who is from the beginning,
Oh God who is spread world wide, Oh Lord of Guruvayur
8. He who is beyond model beauty, Holy crores,
Holy hundred crores, Holy hundred crores of Manmatha,
Holy Manmatha, Who has decorated his holy chest with Kausthubha gem,
Who wears the colourful peacock feather and a fresh gem,
Who is honoured by holding conch, wheel, mace and lotus,
Who has earned the name of bring praised by Parijatha,
And is the lord and sustainer of entire universe.
9. Oh God who lives in Guruvayur, who is pretty, who is present with cowherds,
Who is the lord of the universe, who looks after his great devotees,
Who is clever, who makes the mind of Meenakshi Suta as pretty,
Who is the lord of Ganesa, Brahma and other devas,
Who is the chief of the school of devas,
Who protects Parasara, Narada, Shuka, Vyasa, Ambareeksha,
Prahlada Vasishta, Vibheeshana Saunaka,
The Sun God, Varuna, moon, fire and other lords of eight directions,
Who oversees the collection of stars, the seven oceans,
And the fourteen worlds, who has a macro form and is peculiar.