|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Therathiyakka Ratha Naloni
By Saint Thyagaraja
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
Therathiyakka Ratha naloni
Thirupathi Venkata Ramana mathsaramanu
Parama purusha darmartha mokshamulu,
Paratholu sunnathi naaloni
1. Mathsamu aagali kalamuche - magnamaina reethiyunnathi,
Athsamaina deepa sannithini maru - kattapadi sosi nattunathi
2. Iravondhaka bhujiyinchu samayamuna - eekathakulu reethiyunnathi,
Hari dhyanamu seyuvela chithamu - anthya juvadakku poyi nattunnathi
3. Vaguramani theliyaka mruga ganamulu - vachi thagulu reethi yunnathi,
Vegame nee nadhamunanu sarinchithi - Thyagaraja nutha mada mathsara manu
Oh Venkatramana of Thirupathi, can you not please,
Remove the screen of competition from my mind.
Because thus competition drives far, far away,
The three purusharthas-dharma, wealth and salvation.
1. My state is like that of a fish biting the hook through ignorance,
And competition prevents the divine light from spreading everywhere.
2. My state is like being choked by a fly when I am eating good food,
As my mind which is meditating on Hari, goes and sits in the hut of a bad man.
3. My state is like that of the ignorant animals getting caught by the net,
And so Thyagaraja requests, remove the screen of competition and wrong notions.