|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Sundara Murthi Mukhya Prana
By Sage Purandara dasa
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
Raga Amritha Varshini
Sundaramurthi Mukhya prana banda namma manege,
Sri Rama nama dwanike, mukhya prana banda Manege
1. Kana kala anduge gejjeye, galu galurenutha,
Janakku janakku yendhu, kuni kuni dhadutha.
2. Thumburu naradharu veene barisutha,
Veene barisutha, Sri Rama nama padutha,
3. Purundara vittalna nenadhu padu thalli,
Nenadhu paduthalli, aalingana maduthalli,
The pretty Lord Hanuman came to our house,
Hearing the name of Rama, Hanuman came to our house.
1. With anklet bells tied up to the ankle,
Making sound Galu, galu,
He came moving his legs with Janakku, janakku,
With dancing and dancing.
2. With Narada and Dumburu playing Veena,
And himself singing and playing Veena, he came.
3. He came meditating and singing about Purandara Vittala,
Meditating and singing and hugging the God.