|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
By Sage Purandara Dasa
Translated by P. R. Ramachander and Chakravarthi Madhusudan
Ksheerabadhi Kannike Sri Mahalakshmi, yaarige Vadhuvaaguve Neenu
1. Sharadhi Bandhana Ramachandra Morrthigo,
Paramathma anantha Padmanabhanigo,
Sarasijanaabha sri Janaardana moorthigo,
Ubhaya Kaveri ranga pattaNadarasgo
2. Cheluva Mooruthi Belura chennigarayanigo, (Yaman Kalyani)
GeLathi hELu Sri Udupi Sri Krishna rayanigo,
ILeyoLu Panduranga vittala Rayanigo,
Nalinaakshi hELamma Badari Narayananigo
3. Malayaja gandhee bindu Madhava Rayanigo, (DArbari Kanada)i)
Sulabha devaru Purushottamanigo,
Phala daaayaka nithya mangala daayakago,
Cheluve naachade hELu Sri Venkateshanigo.
4. Vaasavaarchitha Kanchi Varadarajanigo, (Sindhu Bhairavi)
Aa Sri Mushnadali aadi varaahanigo,
Sesha shaayiyaada Shriman Narayananigo,
Saasira naamada deva Alagireeshanigo
5. SharaNaagatha Rakshaka SaarangapaNigo, (Manirangu)
VaragaLa neeDuva Srinivaasanigo,
Kuru kulaanthaka Rajagopala moorthigo,
Sthiravaagi Purandara vittala rayanigo.
Oh Mahalakshmi, the daughter of ocean of milk,
To whom are you going to be the bride?
1. Is it to Sri Ramachandra who built a bridge over the sea,
Or is it to the divine God Anantha Padmanabha,
Or is it to Lord Janaardana with lotus on his belly,
Or is it to the king of the town between the two cauverys?
2. Is it to the pretty lord Chenna Keshava of Belur,
Oh lady friend tell me, is it to the Krishna of Udupi,
Or is it to the lord Vittala of Panduranga,
Oh, lotus eyed one, tell me whether it is to Narayana of Badrinath.
3. Is it to Lord Bindu Madhava with the fragrance originating in Malaya Hills,
Is it for the easily approachable God Purushottama
Is it for God who grants you your needs and eternal grace,
Oh beauty, tell me without shyness, is it to Lord Venkatesa?
4. Is it to the Varadaraja of Kanchi worshipped by Indra,
Or is it to the Sri Varaaha Swami of Sri Mushnam,
Or is it to the God Narayana who sleeps on Adhisesha,
Or is to the thousand-named God of the pretty mountain?
5. Is to SaarangapaNi who protects devotees who surrender to him,
Or is to God Srinivasa who grants us boons,
Or is to Lord Rajagopala who destroyed the clan of kurus,
Or is it permanently to the Lord Purandara Vittala?