|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
By Saint Purandara Dasa
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
Karunakara nee nembhuvadadheko bharavasavillenage
Pari pariyalli nara janma navittu,
Thiru thirugi mana karagisuvada kandu
1. Kari dhruva bali paanchali Ahalyeya,
Poredava ihadali ne anthe,
Arithu vicharisi naoa da lla dellavu
Pari pari kanthe galanthide Krishna
2. Kanrunakara neenaadhare eegale,
Karapidi dennanu nee salho
SArasijaksha arasa neenadhare
3. Marana kaladhalli ajaamila golide,
Garuda dwajanemba naamadinda
Varabirudugalu uliya bekkadhire,
Thwarithadi kayo, Sri Purandara Vittala
Oh Merciful one, why do you believe in me,
Without any faith in me
Again and again giving me this human birth,
And seeing that you again and again torturing me
1. There is none in the world like for having saved.
Gajendra, Dhruva, Bali, Panchali and Ahalya,
And knowing this and thinking about it,
And they appear to be lies, do not laugh at me Krishna.
2. Oh merciful one, I beg you at this moment,
To hold my hands and take me with you,
Oh Lotus eyed one, If you are indeed the king,
Is it proper for you to make me suffer these troubles.
3. I understand that you should mercy to Ajamila in his death bed,
Calling him by the name of Garuda Dwaja,
And so if you want to retain your good name,
Show me a slight portion of that kindness to you.