|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Ba Ba Ranga
By Sage Purandara dasa
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
Ba ba ranga bhujanga shayana,
Komalanga krupanga abhanga
Ba ba yenna antharanga mallara gaja singa,
Duritha bhava paanga
1. Ubaya kaveriya madhya nivasa,
Abhaya dayaka, manda hasa,
SAbheyolu sathivala kaydha ullasa,
Ipraja varada, hey Srinivasa.
2. Yelu prakarada malike manayolage, kaliya deyvara deva,
Sola sasira gopiya ralida ereyalu lokada janaranu kava.
3. Sampraripita dambara hitha mana,
Ambhujadha lagipa nethra,
Shanka Chakra dara purandara vittala,
Thumburu Narada grutha stotra,
Come, Come Ranga who sleeps on a snake,
Who is pretty, shows mercy and is sung about.
Come come, Oh lion like wrestler to the elephant,
Oh God who quickly ends miseries of life.
1. God who lives between to branches of Cauvery,
God who gives protection, God who smiles prettily,
Oh pleasant Good waited for girls in the crowd,
Oh God who blesses all, Oh God in whom Lakshmi lives.
2. Oh Black god who lived in the house,
Surrounded by seven enclosures,
Oh god who is with sixteen thousand Gopis making sound,
Please protect the people of the world.
3. Oh God who has the good of devotes who offer their mind to you,
Oh God who has eyes like lotus flowers,
Oh Purandara Vittala holding a conch and a wheel,
Oh God who is praised by Dumburu and Narada.