|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
By Koteeswara Iyer
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
[This is song eulogizing saint Thyagaraja. Koteeswara Iyer uses Kunjara dasa as identification.]
Ini namakku oru kavalayum illai,
Endrum inbame maname
Punitha Thyagaraja Swami nam kanavil kakshi thandhadal.
1. Gandharva gana lola Ghana sheela Thyagaraja,
Sundarar sevai kanda nam sukrithame.
2. Raga kavi raja Maharajan vagadagave vandu kandadarul tanthathaye balan
3. Pavala kunjaradasa navalan nam Thyagraja,
Kavalan arulum petrome, shevalan kodiyon arulal.
Oh mind, now we do not have any worries,
It is now only joy forever.
This is due to holy sage Thyagaraja appearing in our dream
1. It is our good luck that we were able to serve the pretty,
Thyagraja, who sings like Gandharwa and is a musician by habit.
2. The king of poets and Raja composed songs,
And the result is he saw the grace and gave it to us.
3. With the grace of the God with a cock in his flag,
We got the grace of the great poet Thyagaraja says poet Kunjaradasa.