|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Aaduvome Pallu Paduvome
By Maha Kavi Bharathiyar
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
Aduvome pallu paduvome,
Ananda suthanthiram adinthu vittomendru
1. Parppanai iyar yendra kalamum poche - Vellai,
Parangiyai durai endra kalamum poche - Pichai,
Yerparai panigindra kalamum poche - Nammai
Yepporkku eval cheyyum kalamum poche.
2. Yengum sudandiram yenpathe pechu - Naam,
Yellorum samam yenpathu uruthiyachu,
Sangu konde vetri oodhuvome - ithai,
Daranikkellam yeduthu odhuvome
3. Ellorum ondrennum kalam vandathe - Poyyum,
Emathum tholaigindra kalam vandathe - ini,
Nallor periyar yenum kalam vandathe - ketta,
Naya vanchakkararukku nasam vandathe.
4. Uzhavakkum thozhilukkum vandanai cheyvom - veenil,
Undu kalithirupporai nindanai cheyvom,
Vizhalukku neer paychi maya mattom - Verum,
Veenaruku uzhaithu udalum oya mattom.
5. Namirukkum nadu namadhu yenpadarinthom - ithu,
Namakke urimayam yenpadarinthom - indha,
Bhoomiyil yevarkum ini adimai cheyyom - Pari,
Poorananukke yadimai cheythu vazhvom.
We will dance joyfully and sing,
That we have achieved joyful independence
1. The time when we used to call Brahmins as Sir has gone,
The time when we used to call the white men as lord has gone,
The time when we saluted those who took alms from us has gone,
The time when we serve people who made fun of us has gone.
2. In all places the only talk is about freedom,
Now it is sure that every one is equal,
Let us herald the victory by conch,
And tell the entire world about this.
3. The time when every one is equal has come,
The time when lie and deceit is not there has come,
The time when good people are great people has come,
And the time for destruction of great deceivers has come.
4. We would salute farming and labour - we would,
Berate those who spend time by doing nothing,
We would not die by irrigating our fields,
We would not work and get tired by working for snobs.
5. We understand that the land we stay is ours,
WE understood that we only have rights here,
We would not become slaves to any one in the world,
But we would live as slaves to the fully complete God.