|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Krishna Nee Begane Baro
By Sage Vyasaraya
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
[Sage Vyasaraya is a great saint belonging to the Dvaitha school of philosophy and lived between 1460 and 1539. ]
Raga Yaman Kalyani
Krishna nee begane baro
Begane baro, Mukhavannu toro
1. Kallal andhige gejje nilada baavuli.
Neelavarnane, natya madutha baro
2. Odiyalli odi gejje, beralalli oongura,
Koralalli haakitha vaijayanthi male
3. Kasi peethambara kaiyalli kolalu,
Pooshitharigandha mayyallo lagamma
4. Taayige baayalli jagavannu toritha
Jagadodharaka namma udupi Sri Krishna
Krishna, you please come quickly
Come quickly and show your face
1. With anklets in the leg and blue gem studded bangles in the hand,
Oh blue coloured one, come dancing to me.
2. In the hips you wear belt with bells, rings on your fingers,
And the garland of Vaijayanthi on your neck, please come.
3. Adorned with yellow silk of Benares with flute in your hand,
And with sandal paste applied all over body.
4. You who showed the universe in your mouth to your mother,
Oh God who carried the earth, Oh Our God Udupi Sri Krishna.