|Vedanta Spiritual Library|
Samiyai Azhaithu Vaa
By K. N. Dandayudha pani pillai
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
Samiyai Azhaithu vaa endhan (Ragam: Todi)
Maam mathi mukhamo Kanalai veesuthadi. (Ragam: Mohanam)
Thamadham yeno vasantha amrutha velayadi (Ragam: Vasantha)
Bhoomi pugazhum deva manohari magizhum ( Ragam: Devamanohari)
Aathi maraikku porul neethiyudan uraitha (Ragam: Devamanohari)
AArumukhanai petha eesanadi (Raga: Vasantha)
Naathi illathavan pol alaivaanadi( Raga: Mohana)
Pathi udalil pennai maraithiruppanadi(Ragam: Todi)
Sadaa ninaivu kondu mayyal meerudhe Shankrabharananani (Raga Shankarabharanam)
1. Saranga nathan pothum mannanavanai (Ragam: Saranga)
2. Thedi thedi kodum kanaathaan endrenadi, koti manmathan pole nindranadi (Ragam: Kanada)
3. oor ariya manam puriven endranadi, uruthi pala chonnananadi (Ragam: Aarabhi)
Abhimanam kondaval endru arinthidamal ennai thavikka vittanadi.
4. Gangai chadai mudi thingalum udan aada, (Bhairavi)
Ganangal aada, sabhai thanil mangala Bhairavi,
Mati azhagada, malum ayanum laya thalangal pada.
Go and bring my God, Oh friend,
His great moon like face is shining like embers
Why delay, this is the nectar like spring time,
He is a God who created the six faced one,
Who taught him the meaning of Vedas
And whose fame is sung by whole earth,
And who is appreciated by pretty deva maiden (Or who likes Deva manohari ragam)
He wanders everywhere just like an orphan,
And he hides a lady in half of his body.
By always thinking about Lord Shiva my love for him is going beyond
1. He is the one who is appreciated by Lord Vishnu
2. Oh friend, I searched and searched for him and said he cannot be found,
And suddenly he stood before me like millions of God of love
3. He told me he would marry me publicly and made several promises,
And not understanding that I have self respect he made me want and worry for him.
4. With river ganges on his matted hair and moon shaking with him,
With music dancing, and raga mangala bhairavi,
Dancing in that crowd, and with Vishnu and Brahma singing and keeping beats.